Plant Cost Accountant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PLANT COST ACCOUNTANT NEED IMMEDIATELY!
MUST HAVE MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE! US CITIZENS ONLY!
MICHIGAN CITY, INDIANA! W2 & ONSITE & MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED!
The Plant Cost Accountant will serve as a key finance business partner to the Plant Manager and extended Operations team, and will support the Cost Accounting Manager in all planning, financial analysis, cost accounting, productivity delivery and inventory controls.
- Assist in month end close activities; variance analysis, root cause & corrective actions, site reporting and reconciliations.
- Ensure proper inventory control management, including raw material and finished goods cycle counts, month-end reporting, and policy adherence.
- Assist in standard costing accuracy (production rates, BOMs, and overheads), transactional discipline, and reporting accuracy.
- Assist in providing weekly forecasts and an annual budget, aligning with Purchasing & Planning inputs, operations capabilities, site strategy and planned investments.
- Monitor/Analyze site transactions inclusive of payroll, receipts, and payables for accuracy and timely processing.
- Detailed Balance Sheet preparation for review by management.
- Assist in site capex plans: forecast, approvals, payback and post-mortem reviews, inclusive of fixed asset inventories and tagging.
- Drive and ensure site compliance of internal and external audits and policies
- Participate in safety and housekeeping programs as required.
- Participate in staff/production meetings with the Operations group as required.
- Overall support of the Cost Accounting Manager
Level Based Competencies:
- Experience in Cost Accounting
- Building strategic working relationships
- Technical/Professional knowledge & skills
- Manufacturing experience
- Compliance focused
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years experience, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- MBA, CMA preferred but not required
- Manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures preferred
Custom StaffingWhy Work Here?
Amazing work environment! Growth Oriented Organization!
AddressMichigan City, IN
Finance and Insurance