***Must be Nationally Certified ***
Minimum 1 year of current experience.
Shifts vary, weekends included
Site locations are NYC, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Westchester and Long Island.
Some positions are Mobile Phlebotomy positions.
Phlebotomist obtains blood specimens via venipuncture and fingerstick for laboratory analysis on adult and pediatric Patients, obtaining vital signs and documenting findings in Clinical Information Systems. Our Phlebotomist also performs accessioning and clerical duties as needed. Our ideal candidate provides high-quality patient care, outstanding customer service, has attention to detail and demonstrates strict adherence to best clinical practices. Candidates should be proficient with computers and lab technology.
· Collecting blood specimens using correct venipuncture or fingerstick technique as ordered by physicians for various laboratory analyses.
· Performs preparatory steps required to collect samples. Assures proper labeling of specimen tubes after the blood collection procedure.
· Enters required data into the computer system, Maintains complete, accurate, legible, neat and organized worksheets.
· Contributes to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assures a clean, safe, and adequately supplied work area.
· 2-4 years of current experience
· High school or G.E.D.
· Certificate demonstrating completion of medical assistant or phlebotomy training program
· National phlebotomy certification
. Pay Rate is $25.00 per hour.