Our client, a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service is seeking a talented Human Resources Generalist to join their team.
These are temp-to-hire positions.
The shifts are Saturday/Sunday: 6am - 4pm and 3:30pm - 1:30am
These positions have the potential to convert to a perm job if the candidate meet the job criteria.
· HR Point of contact for all human resource generalist duties on shift.
· Provide plant floor and break room presence during shift to include attending beginning of shift huddles, attendance tracking at beginning of shift and verifying proper clocking in and out procedures during shift starts/ends and cross-work area labor transfers during the shift.
· Acts as point of contact for labor moves between departments ensuring all employees hours are accounted for in the correct cost center (work area).
· Responsible for HR shift hand-off at beginning and end of shift to include communicating labor moves to Labor Coordinator, ER issues and any other information that pertains to the people operations on shift.
· Serve as a backup for New Hire Orientation and Onboarding.
· Provides Employee Relations expertise and shapes the local ER strategy ensuring all policies and procedures are legally compliant, managers are trained and aware of how to handle employee matters, leading and supporting leaders when it comes to consultation with employees and responds to all employee matters to gain resolution.
· Partners with supervisors and ops managers to help guide and support the business initiatives and align them against the Human Resource strategy.
· Advocate for employees and provide objective feedback to supervisors in coaching them on how to deal with difficult employee situations
· Maintain, track and audit payroll and compensation changes as needed
· Conduct open enrollment and provide ongoing education of company Health and ancillary benefits and 401k to employees and operations team leaders.
· Maintain employee records and process all employee changes through the HRIS System.
· Administer/interpret operational policies, procedures and the employee handbook
· Support and coordinate employee recognition programs.
· Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data including reasons for Turnover and make recommendations to HR and supervisors for corrective actions and continuous improvement.
· Identify inefficiencies and propose solutions to daily operational HR challenges
· Utilize data / HR reporting to support decision making and proposed solutions.
· Utilizes internal and external data, generates and analyzes reports as required to provide basis for business cases and meet regulatory requirements as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or 5+ years experience in an operations/logistics/manufacturing environment
· PHR and/or SHRM-CP preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
· Experience with Workday HRIS platform
· Bilingual in Spanish and/or French preferred
· Strong change management skills and emotional intelligence.