Technology Planning Consultant
- Expired: January 27, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Custom Software Systems Inc., (CSS) is seeking an experienced candidate to serve as a Technology Planning Consultant. The IT Function is transforming from three sections .focused on operational work into an integrated strategic office focused on setting and communicating the technology direction for roughly 5,000 staff nationwide. The IT Function needs to communicate and present at the executive level, translating technical topics for nontechnical audiences. The Technology Planning Consultant will work with the SR CIO to guide three managers and their staff in the creation and communication of strategic planning. Past experience with government strategy, financial regulation, and digital transformation and IT rationalization are all preferred. This is a HYBRID position with remote and on-site work when required.
- Develop nuanced understanding of all layers of applicable strategy and governance to
- ensure S&R IT strategic outlook, priorities, and roadmap align with overall business
- Partner with CIO, management, and senior staff to assist and support with the design,
- development, and communication of S&R IT strategic outlook and priorities to inform
- executive decision-making around future IT investments
- Conduct strategy review meetings with S&R IT CIO, managers, and staff
- Research, recommend and write processes, procedures, policies, and best practices for the
- creation of S&R IT strategic perspectives
- Mentor, guide, and train S&R CIO's area to develop forward-looking technology plans
- Provide technical support of a limited scope to users and assist them in defining and solving computing problems within well defined areas of responsibility
- Assist in preparing documentation of supported products for other staff members and users
- Assists in preparing user training materials and conduct training sessions as assigned
- Perform programming tasks of limited scope to assist users
- Must be a US CITIZEN
- At least 15 years of experience in all task order applications and technologies Capabilities
- Experience managing and implementing large, complex information technology systems
- Experienced in advising senior executives on effective utilization of information technology systems and reengineering to meet business objectives
- Experience identifying user requirements and describing services available or refer inquiries to other staff within installation and align efforts with enterprise and IT strategies in a complex organization
- Possess at least 5 years' experience creating IT strategy in large organizations
- Possess experience with cloud migration strategies, especially GovCloud
- Possess experience creating enterprise data management and analytics strategies
- Possess strong strategic and enterprise technical background (Masters degree preferred)
- Possess experience working with IT strategy in government (preferred)
- Possess experience working in a financial regulatory setting (preferred)
- Possess experience with digital transformation and IT rationalization (preferred)
- Possess experience creating architecture diagrams using Visio or other leading software
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Posses an active Unites States Government National Security Secret Clearance, or higher-level clearance, or a Tier 4 Background Investigation
- Past experience with government strategy, financial regulation, and digital transformation and IT rationalization are all preferred.
- A master's degree in Computer Science or a related degree in the IT field or equivalent experience
Custom Software Systems Inc.
AddressGlen Burnie, MD
Get fresh Tech Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.