- Posted: over a month ago
The Design Engineer quickly and accurately prepares 3D models for machine/production ready drawings for the manufacturing of our millwork and metal product lines. This position is expected to maintain and utilize a strong knowledge of both Inventor and AutoCAD software. This position is also expected to effectively and professionally communicate with internal and external customers to help resolve production issues, improve existing product lines, and inform team members of the status of required engineering files.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but are not limited to)
- Maintain and utilize an accurate/organized digital file structure (including naming conventions) as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Work with sales and estimating to provide initial designs and approval drawings.
- Interpret floor plans, I.D. sets, architecture drawings and even rough sketches to utilize an array of modeling software in the production of quality/accurate layouts and/or machining files, often under tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the construction and assembly of retail, furniture, & casework fixtures.
- Produces detail shop drawings using Inventor modeling software.
- Provide installation and shop direction regarding construction methods.
- Effectively communicate and help to resolve issues related to scheduling, inaccurate drawings, change requests, and software needs with appropriate internal parties including the Engineering Manager
- Maintain current knowledge of preferred company design software including Inventor and AutoCAD and participate in company provided training where applicable.
- Follow the direction of and standards/workflows established by the Engineering Manager and contribute to the enhancement of such standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager/Company Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES (include but are not limited to)
- Efficient and skilled with AutoCAD and 3D modeling in designing cabinets, millwork, and metal products used in commercial foodservice applications.
- Proficiency operating in an ERP system and MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills with external and internal customers.
- Knowledge of millwork or construction production materials & techniques and the ability to interpret floorplans, architecture drawings, ID sets, and rough sketches.
- Detailed, with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Millwork and / or metal construction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (include but are not limited to)
- The ability to stay seated for extended periods working at a computer
- Will occasionally walk around to coordinate work or engage coworkers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MUST have Inventor experience
- 3+ years of experience utilizing multiple modeling software to create quality/accurate layouts and machining files for manufacturing in the production of commercial cabinetry and retail fixtures.
- Demonstrated successful experience working both autonomously and with others in a fast-paced environment, requiring strong attention to detail.
- Ability to travel to customer locations or participate in installations. Required travel is less than 5%.
- Experience with Cabinet Vision software or other 3D modeling software
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related field
- Experience using parametric modeling
- Having an understanding of "Screen to Machine" concept
- Some minor exposure to saw dust created in product fabrication
- Exposure to the sounds of a variety of shop machinery (saws, etc.)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Custom Seating, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Custom Seating, Inc.