Position: Project Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Under the immediate supervision of the VP of Operations and the general direction of the Company President
Includes, but not limited to, scheduling daily construction activities, inspecting the quality of work, budgeting, reviewing shop drawings and invoices, coordinating warranty items, attending homeowner meetings, maintaining Energy Star, green building compliance and adhering to plans and specifications, along with providing superior service.
• Function as primary management representative at assigned construction sites. Including management of the construction process and all subcontractors.
• Communication with homebuyer.
• Coordinate site construction efforts including, but not limited to obtaining city permits and approvals from respected municipalities.
• Organize and maintain projects and close-out documentation and perform all tracking and record-keeping duties related to different projects.
• Knowledgeable about the construction industry including construction cost, materials, products, methods and procedures.
• Must have thorough knowledge of the trades, crafts and equipment needed to complete the job, plus the ability to identify potential problems.
• Knowledge and familiarity with blueprints, construction drawings and addendum and reading required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize several tasks without compromising quality of work or mission deadlines.
• Ability to review, analyze and interpret information, as well as troubleshoot to solve problems.
• This position requires flexible hours, early mornings, evenings, some weekends and some holidays.
• The pay for this position is competitive and will commiserate with experience.
• Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or Science/Engineering.
• 3 to 5 years of home-building experience.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Sage
• Great written and verbal communication skills.
• Periodic extended hours for client meetings and budget deadlines.