The purpose of this position is to enable new technology development and innovation in materials, products and processes: specifically, in the areas of window frame design. The candidate will serve as a technical expert internally and work in close collaboration with external customers to solve difficult technology challenges.
The primary responsibility of the Mechanical Engineer – Frame Design is to research and develop new ideas concepts and prototypes to create and build our companies product capabilities specifically in the frame design portion of our business. You will also be responsible for improving the performance, efficiency and reliability of existing systems and products. This position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, original “out of the box” thinking and a positive attitude.
- Lead the research and development process from problem identification through final testing for framed products
- Must have experience with frame design including aluminum and injection molded components
- Perform engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives including design calculations and creation of specifications, drawings, cad models, tooling/fixturing, equipment spec, etc…
- Collaborate with a team to investigate, research, and/or develop solutions for both internal and external problems
- Keep current on new technologies, new innovations, industry challenges and new products in the window glazing industry
- Tests processes using prototype equipment and experimental materials and methods
- Work with production during design, prototype, and production (including a significant production floor presence)
- Maximize product design taking into consideration performance requirements, material cost efficiency, compatibility, and company’s ability to manufacture the product
- Evaluate and identify potential problems as well as participating in resolving production/product engineering issues
- Interpret customer specifications and requirements documents to suggest innovative solutions.
- Redesign and/or make changes to existing models according to client’s requirements
- Provide necessary support to Sales during the quotation process and upon receipt of orders
- Provide engineering support, as needed, to aid in the optimization and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
unrivaled 401(k) match to help employees achieve their retirement goals. We have many opportunities for growth and advancement at all levels of our rapidly growing business. Qualified candidates are invited to explore the possibility of a rewarding career at CGS, where creativity, motivation, and enthusiasm aren’t buried in red tape.
If you have the experience and qualifications outlined and are up to the challenge of leading the way with a key player in the global glass market - we would like to talk to you!
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: Master’s degree preferred. Ceramic Engineering a plus
- 5-10 years’ design engineering experience, preferably in window frame design
- Proven track record of experience and success in the window framing industry; preferably in the transit, automotive, agriculture, marine and/or aerospace industries
- Highly motivated, results oriented, and self-driven
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and customers
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others externally and within the company.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent planning, and organizational skills
- Possess strong leadership and project management skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access)
- 2D AutoCAD proficiency mandatory; 3D CAD experience a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As much as we'd like to know about you, there's probably a lot you want to know about us. We don't mind telling you that Custom Glass Solutions is one of the world's premier manufacturers of large format laminated glass products. With three Ohio locations (Worthington, Upper Sandusky, and Fostoria) we are experiencing rapid growth. We are also unlike any other company you’ve worked for and can open your mind to a new way of thinking about how you can embrace a new level of independence, integrity, and possibility that’s unheard of at work.
We have an exceptionally talented workforce that we value above all else. We are fully invested in our employees and provide them with hands-on training, compensation that is based upon individual contribution, unlimited career growth opportunities, and the motivation to be and do more. We take great pride in a workplace culture where our employees have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary. We are also very proud of a management structure that is designed to avoid bureaucratic nonsense and allows our entrepreneurial-minded employees to flourish. We have a culture that thrives on the initiative of our people. And it works.
Visit www.customglasssolutions.com to learn more about what we do!
Custom Glass Solutions, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.