Trojon Gear, Inc.
418 San Jose St.
Dayton, OH 45403
Part Inspector / Quality Manager
Midwest leader in contract manufacturing of precision machined parts and full service solutions for our customers. We are preferably looking for someone who has worked in (or managed) a quality department in some fashion and can come in without ample training to take on the quality system in our small job shop. Prefer experience with Aerospace customers.
- Proficient computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Inspection of machined parts, knowledge of symbols, blueprint reading, CNC mill/lathe products, and compliance with customer requirements/prints
- Utilize Honeywell systems; monitor metrics in safety, quality, delivery, cost (Productivity) & inventory.
- Responsible for Health Safety Environmental (HSE) throughout department by instilling a "safety first" mindset within the team.
- Assure that all quality criteria are met in accordance with ISO9000/AS9100 requirements.
- Direct, supervise and monitor activities of Team Leads and Team Members to maximize productivity in the plant.
- Supporting management in establishing rigorous quality standards.
- Ensure procedures are in place and followed in compliance with all Honeywell, GE Aero, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare/coordinate production schedules and ensure shifts are adequately staffed.
- Evaluate production needs for daily assignment of duties, adjustment as required.
- Recommend improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Serve as resource for Leads and team members to drive improvement opportunities.
- Leadership of Five S activities and some sales work.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Encourage/provide development opportunities.
- Implement policies and procedures as they relate to employees.
- Must have working knowledge of job functions within accountability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in manufacturing concepts including Lean, Six Sigma, ISO9000 and ERP systems strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to create an environment conducive to accomplish metrics and objectives.
- Maintain customer focus, internal and external.
- Analytical problem solving ability, process oriented.
- High level communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to coach and motivate.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Job Type: Part-Time or Full-time
- Healthcare Available Paid Premiums 50%
- Wages $17/hr - $30/hr Negotiable
- 401K possible
- Vacation and Sick Days
- Work with an established and well respected, but growing aerospace manufacturer with strong commercial and military alliances.
- Inspection / Machining: 3 years