Job Title: Project Manager
Responsible for overseeing the residential homebuilding process from start to completion. This is an on-site residential construction management role involving, bid reviews, scheduling, cost-control, subcontractor relations, building material orders, quality control and outstanding customer service. Ensuring high-quality new home construction with a focus on serving the homeowners.
We are an established custom homebuilder serving the great Charleston, South Carolina area. From coastal to contemporary designs, we specialize in turning homeowner’s dreams into reality; meeting the unique needs of the homeowner. We team with top-rated industry partners to build a home that is livable and structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing. Our experienced staff, project managers and contractors work as a team to seamlessly deliver quality homes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist office staff in pre-construction efforts including ordering materials
- Source qualified trades for the bidding process, reviews subcontractor bids, and schedules all subcontractors
- Ensure construction is in accordance with plans and building codes
- Create construction schedule using construction software and ensure homes are delivered according to the schedule
- Build cooperative relations with Design Professionals, Subcontractors, and team members to promote quality of work during all phases of construction
- Attend weekly team meetings and represents the company in a professional, client-focused manner
- Manage any construction issues, change orders, RFI's and answers homeowner's inquiries
- Review and approve all subcontractor invoices and submittals
- Schedule required building inspections and ensure adherence to local requirements
- Promote safety on the construction site for all workers and conduct safety meetings in accordance with OSHA standards
- Conduct final walk through with the homeowner and oversee project closeout-out including final inspections, as-builts and collecting close-out documents.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through efficient completion of final punch-out list
- A minimum of 5-7 years of ground-up residential construction experience
- Experience with managing job- site costs
- Construction management software experience and Microsoft Offices skills, Buildertrend software is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred or equivalent work experience
- Ability to read and analyze construction documents and knowledge of building codes and methods
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple homes under construction simultaneously
- A valid driver's license is required
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to foster relationships with building trade partners and homeowners
- A desire to serve others through exceptional customer service skills
Company truck and gas card is provided
Salary plus performance bonus; salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Send your resume to CHScontractor@gmail.com. If you meet our candidate requirements, we will contact you by email or phone.
Why Work Here?
A team environment that builds a quality home.
Mount Pleasant, SC