Senior Software Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Software Engineering at Cushing Terrell
Cushing Terrell is seeking a Software Engineer in one of our office locations, or for the right person this position could be remote. Responsibilities include working with architects, engineers and professional staff throughout our firm to develop internal proprietary solutions to help make our firm more efficient, collaborative, and forward thinking. This position also requires a demonstrated capability to conduct analyses of existing programs, methodologies and creating new programs, apps and cloud based tech to overcome to a variety of challenges.
Individually, you should have strong experience in developing and testing software as well as being a strong and analytical thinker with the ability to test and initiate fixes to address software issues. You should also be self-reliant with the ability to self-manage your projects from initiation to completion and support them as needed. We’re looking for someone with a depth of knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, SQL databases, and server based applications.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Experience: 8 to 12 years of job related experience.
- Core knowledge expected:
- Software development for the full software development life cycle including analysis, design, coding, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing and debugging.
- Advanced relational database skills.
- Analytical problem solving and logic-based thinking.
- Ability to collaborate with peers to produce high quality software solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge base with excellent work ethic.
- Strong Oracle and/or SQLServer database knowledge (i.e., stored procedures, correlated subqueries, etc.)
- Proficient in object-oriented programming and/or functional programming
- Ability for working and delivering in an Agile environment.
- Understand scoping requirements, develop creative software solutions, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate those solutions with users, technical teams and management.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have passion for creative environments.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Are goal oriented.
- Embrace a challenge for acquiring new knowledge (such as interfacing to other applications/api’s).
We Take Care of Our Own:
At Cushing Terrell we are committed to client service, both external and internal. We are the heads-down-but-have-some-fun/people-before-projects kind of firm. We encourage our team to set big goals and to prioritize an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment. This position offers excellent pay and a complete benefits package including:
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance plan with an HSA
- FSA dependent care options
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Holiday and Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Wellness Program
- Commuter Benefits
Flexible Work Environments
Cushing Terrell’s Work Smart Program is a flexible work arrangement designed to acknowledge and embrace flexibility in our work environments and preferences. Team members here get to choose if they would like to work remotely, a hybrid schedule, or 100% in the office. This program enables you, as a Cushing Terrell team member, to select a work situation that suits you best, while at the same time providing uncompromised—and always exceptional—service to our clients, partners, and colleagues.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Cushing Terrell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please call 406.248.7455. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you are having difficulty applying through an external website, please visit www.cushingterrell.com/joinus/.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at Cushing Terrell