The Opportunity | Welder
To strive and train to achieve high integrity oxy-acetylene (OAW), plasma transferred arc (PTA) and/or gas tungsten arc (GTA) welds per NAVSEA 250-1500-1, ASME and NAVSEA 248/278 code requirements via manual and/or mechanized process methodologies.
- Training to develop process parameters and process techniques for various alloy material welding and hardsurfacing applications.
- Training with Class 1 and Class 2 welders and the Welding Engineer to learn product applications and procedures.
- Formulating and developing fixtures and tooling for welding applications.
- Training to interact and communicate effectively with the government inspectors, in-house inspectors, engineers and client representatives.
- Training with and employing hand tools, measuring tools (e.g. vernier scale, pyrometer, multimeter, etc.) and fiber optic bore scope equipment.
- Performing basic mathematical functions.
- Maintaining and promoting a safe, clean and professional work environment.
- Willingness to learn new and challenging applications (e.g., engineering test valves) and to work under pressure (e.g. rush orders, new alloy materials).
- Training in product failure trouble shooting, forensic research and root cause analysis.
- Learning and interacting effectively with computers and mechanized equipment programming.
- Training to perform informational liquid penetrant inspections.
- Initiating corrective action recommendations for manufacturing methodology and product design improvements.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability and aptitude to learn program and interact with mechanized equipment.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Ability and aptitude to learn welding and hardsurfacing: OAW, PTA, GTA processes.
- Ability and aptitude to learn to interpret engineering drawings.
- High school graduate.
- Vocational, military, and/or technical college welding training is desirable.
- Minimum of 0 years of welding experience encompassing welding technology pertinent to OAW, PTA, and / or GTA welding processes.
- Nuclear weld qualifications and process technology competency relative to achieving high integrity welds that meet pertinent non-destructive (e.g., radiographic, liquid penetrant inspection) and destructive mechanical testing Code criteria.
- Safety training.
- New equipment and technologies.
- Organizational procedures and protocols.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that’s just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Why Work Here?Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that’s just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Competitive pay, benefits, savings opportunities for retirement, learning and development opportunities, recognition for your contributions