**We offer competitive wages and have a sign-on bonus available for all qualified applicants**
The Opportunity | CNC Lathe Machinist (3rd Shift)
Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. Under minimal supervision, works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. May communicate directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances. May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions.
- Manufacture and inspects detailed parts and tools from blueprints, sketches, drawings and verbal instructions using a variety of machining tools and equipment ( mills, lathes, drill presses, grinders, jig bores and other machining equipment) and using mathematical and geometrical calculations.
- Determine how to set up machines based on instructions received.
- Perform minor repairs of equipment.
- Keep work area clean and free from safety hazards. Maintain acceptable quality and efficiency level.
- 3+ years of CNC Lathe Machinist experience - Mori Seki preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be available to work 3rd shift (Sunday-Thursday, 9:30pm-5:15am)
Why work for Curtiss-Wright?
- We offer the following benefits from your first day:
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision plans
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Life insurance
- Legal Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Stock purchase plan
- Savings and Investment Plan
- Auto and Home Insurance
- We offer annual salary reviews!
- We offer annual bonus!
- We offer on-the-job training and great growth opportunities!
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.