General responsibility for all purchasing of material, equipment, supplies. Determine proper sources of supply for most economical purchases. Arrange for and give full weight to competitive quotations, dependability and resourcefulness of supplier in meeting organization requirements and place orders to best advantage. Responsible for prices, deliveries, maintenance of all necessary records of purchases. Locate new sources of supply as necessary, keep abreast of changing material and market conditions, and advise top management on current trends in prices, availability of materials, etc.; recommend necessary action to assure continued flow of materials to meet production and sales requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
1. Examines and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department of initiator to clarify or complete information; determines method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required, existing open contracts, and/or competitive bidding.
2. Identifies and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quality and delivery date and places orders.
3. Identifies requesting department’s needs and develops and refines specifications for commodities, supplies or equipment.
4. Interviews sales representatives to develop new sources of technical supplies, securing favorable terms for the purchase; updates records and files and secures samples, descriptions, photos or information for
5. Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists departments in initialing
requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
6. Writes and distributes complex and technical bid invitations or requests for proposals; receives and
analyzes bids, quotes, proposals, and awards the contract.
7. Resolves purchasing problems between department and vendor.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience or equivalent.
Experience: 1 year business purchasing experience required
Skills: Good organizational abilities. Must react effectively to a wide range of situations and issues. Communicate effectively to maintain a desired relationship. Resolve problems timely and effectively by following established company policy or procedures. Maturity, confidentiality, reason, perspective, flexible. Excellent interpersonal skills. Deal effectively at all levels of the company.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports.
Equipment to be used: Computer, calculator, general office machines.
Physical Demands: Sitting, walking, standing, bending and reaching. Lifting occasionally limited to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate equipment. Normal range of vision and hearing
Mental Demands: Ability to understand many variables and choose the most effective based on established company policies and procedures. Handle diverse issues almost daily. Conflict resolution. Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, strong attention span, ability to listen and perceive underlying problems and recommend solutions.
Working Conditions: Rare overtime or odd hours. General office environment.
Reasonable Accommodation: Reasonable accommodation could be achieved in this position in most cases.
We offer an attractive salary with a progressive and a very comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life, disability and 401(k) Plan with a strong company match. We have a strong team oriented work environment and provide a challenging and exciting environment that will allow you the opportunity to grow and succeed while making a significant contribution to the success of our Company.
If you have a positive attitude and the experience and skills noted above we would like to talk with you.
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Employer. No phone calls please.
This exciting opportunity exists in a rapidly growing, vibrant manufacturing company in West Boylston, MA. Based on successfully executing on our growth strategy, Curtis Industries LLC is experiencing extraordinary growth in our business of providing cab enclosures, snow control products, and accessories for the tractor, utility vehicle, and golf car markets. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and looking to stretch beyond the requirements of the standard to use elements of our QMS as a competitive advantage.
EOE/ADA/ No phone calls please.
Curtis IndustriesCurtis Industries, LLC is a Leader in quality cab enclosures and enclosures for Compact Tractors, Golf Cars, and UTV/Powersports Vehicles located in central Massachusetts. This exciting opportunity exists in a rapidly growing, vibrant manufacturing company in West Boylston, MA. Based on successfully executing on our growth strategy, Curtis Industries LLC is experiencing extraordinary growth in our business of providing cab enclosures, snow control products, and accessories for the tractor, utility vehicle, and golf car markets. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and looking to stretch beyond the requirements of the standard to use elements of our QMS as a competitive advantage. EOE/ADA/ No phone calls please.