WHO WE ARE
We are a fun, successful group of tax and accounting professionals who love what we do! We are a husband/wife team who started the firm, and both wanted to move away from the stresses and grueling hours of the public accounting and corporate lifestyles. We wanted to create a culture that supported the same for our team.
Our practice provides services to small businesses, startup companies, and individuals with complex situations. But what average person understands all the technical lingo of tax and accounting? And who can ever get a hold of their CPA when they need them? Our clients enjoy working with us because of our excellent client service, the ability to explain complex topics in an easy to understand way, and our high quality of work.
We are based in Silicon Valley, where our team members and clients appreciate our up to date use of technology. Since we cannot currently see each other in person, our team members and clients meet with Microsoft Teams and Zoom. We operate the business using Microsoft Office, SmartVault, and Jetpack Workflow. We use Lacerte for tax preparation and QuickBooks Online for accounting services.
Our team enjoys our work environment, as we are anything but a traditional accounting firm. We value work/life balance and work hard to take care of our physical and mental states of health. Our diverse team consists of human parents, dog parents, hikers, yogis, mountain bikers, readers, coffee/tea lovers, and all-around nice people. Our workplace flexibility includes regular work from home opportunities (our whole team is currently WFH during this pandemic), flexible hours, and time off (including mental health days, holidays, vacation, birthdays, and several Fridays off after tax season, totaling approximately 8 weeks off per year). Don’t let this fool you… when we are at work, we work hard.
As strong professional individuals, we come together as an even stronger team. We value and respect each other, collaborate, and care for one another. The company aims to put our team members’ ideas into action. We encourage and cultivate the ideas and goals that grow here at the office and strive to make them tangible and achievable with our entrepreneurial drive.
You’ll fit in right away if you enjoy the culture of a flexible work/life balance and are eager to make a big impact both inside of our small, but growing business and in our clients’ lives.
If you are an excellent communicator with a passion for small business, continuous improvement, and teamwork, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a full-time Tax Associate or Sr. Tax Associate to join our specialized team.
- Someone who loves working with people and values strong team and client relationships
- Someone who is an excellent communicator
- Someone who is obsessive about detail and quality
- Someone who enjoys working in public accounting, but wants the flexibility and work/life balance not typically offered at a larger firm
- Someone who thrives in a small business environment
- Someone who wants the responsibility of managing client accounts
- Someone who does not want to just punch a time clock, but wants to continue their professional development and wants to impact the growth and improvement of a small business
- Someone who wants to contribute innovative ideas and contribute to the company culture
The role is accountable for our individual and business clients' tax needs, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Prepare individual and business tax returns
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Research and respond to tax notices
- Assist with tax research
- Assist with tax planning
- Assist with special projects
- Some accounting duties, as needed
For this role to operate effectively, the following requirements must be met:
- 1-3+ years experience in public accounting
- Experience preparing income tax returns (business tax returns are a plus)
- CPA or EA license, or on the track to obtain a license
- Professional, crystal clear written and verbal communication
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Excel wizards are more than welcome :)
- Have a strong, consistent internet connection and a work environment conducive to video and phone calls if WFH
- Have demonstrated the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and software, as well as learn independently as needs come up
Preferred, but not required qualifications include:
- Experience with Lacerte Tax software
- Experience with QuickBooks online
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Salary Range $58,000 to $70,000 per year (paid monthly)
- Tax season bonus
- Flexible schedule, including ~8 weeks of time off for…
- Mental Health Days
- Several Fridays off after tax season
- Work from home opportunities (even post COVID)
- Profit-sharing (after 1-year eligibility)
- 401k match (after 1-year eligibility)
- Company contribution to company health insurance plan (after 1-month wait period)
THE HIRING PROCESS
- Initial phone interview with Ashley (non-technical)
- Video interview with David (technical)
- In person interview with David, Ashley and C&A Leadership Team + take home case study, due 3 days after in person interview (COVID safe precautions of course)
- Follow up video call with David, Ashley and C&A Leadership Team (if needed)
Curran & Associates CPAs, P.C.