Senior Legal Counsel - Privacy and Digital Product
Curology is an innovative and fast-growing healthcare company and beauty brand. We are seeking a strategic thinker and experienced lawyer to help us scale our data privacy and security infrastructure. You will be positioned to have an immediate impact on Curology and on the future of direct-to-consumer healthcare. Curology moves fast and you will help us respond to a changing regulatory and consumer landscape.
In this role, you will be Curology's lead strategic legal advisor on data privacy, security and digital products. As a member of a small team, you will have significant opportunities for growth and professional development. The position reports directly to the VP of Legal.
- You have at least 8 years of legal experience
- You have a passion for data protection and digital products.
- You are organized and process driven.
- You make all levels of the company comfortable coming to your for advice and collaboration.
- You are a self-starter with high personal accountability.
- You are excited to shape the future of one of the fastest growing healthcare companies and are eager to be a part of a quickly evolving industry.
- Most importantly, you realize that at the core of much of our data is a patient or a consumer who trusts us with their information.
About the Role
- Develop a regulatory strategy for Curology's data privacy program.
- Advise our digital product, engineering and marketing teams on privacy and marketing matters.
- Manage Curology's compliance with CCPA and data deletion requests from subscribers.
- Review and audit Curology's privacy infrastructure in conjunction with our data security team.
- Draft data privacy procedures for Curology and its affiliated companies.
- Negotiate data privacy agreements with third party vendors.
- Train employees throughout the company on privacy obligations with respect to medical and consumer data.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.