- $120,000 to $140,000 Yearly
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Accounting Manager, Curo Pet Care
Location: San Francisco, CA (HQ)
Curo Pet Care ("Curo") is looking for a highly experienced Accounting Manager to join our team in our San Francisco, CA headquarters. The role will center on overseeing and managing the accounting operations of the organization to ensure accurate, compliant, and effective financial reporting.
We are a team of successful entrepreneurs and doctors using our own capital to improve the veterinary industry. One of our core focuses is to provide the best hospital facilities to our medical teams to best serve our clients. Curo today is a family of over 35 independent veterinary hospitals, many of which we have significantly renovated or built new facilities for since acquisition. They are highly profitable and well-positioned for growth with strong support from the ownership team.
Additionally, we are currently in the process of integrating cutting-edge systems to align with our ambitious expansion strategy, fostering advancement both within your role and across the entire organization. As a key figure, you will be orchestrating the seamless collaboration between the accounting team and the successful integration of these state-of-the-art systems.
As our Accounting Manager, you will:
- Oversee bookkeeping and accounting for 35+ subsidiary entities, including: recording revenue and costs, reconciliation of monthly transactions, preparation of journal entries, consolidation, maintenance of chart of accounts, AP/AR oversight, and preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage the month-end close and prepare all financial statements, including the P&L, Balance Sheet and the Statement of Cash Flows. This is a full cycle responsibility from supervising data entry into QuickBooks, to preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, and the opportunity to provide thoughtful monthly commentary on financial performance for our leadership team
- Supervise weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs ensuring hospitals have room to operate
- Manage annual budgeting process and collaborate with Hospital Managers and leadership team to own all forecasting, reporting, and financial analysis
- Work with hospital management to ensure timely reconciliation of physical inventory and accurate presentation of inventory balances in our financial statements
- Work directly with operations team on strategic financial initiatives including vendor negotiations, COGS management, and other data analytics
- Liaise with external CPA Firm to facilitate preparation and filing of sales tax returns, commercial rent tax returns and the annual corporate financial statements and tax returns.
- Work with all members of the Management Team as needed to complete financial analysis work to facilitate business decisions and actions for EBITDA improvement and overall cost efficiency of hospital and holding company level operations
- Implement an ERP system (NetSuite) along with other systems to scale finance department and manage growth efficiently
- Manage general insurance, health insurance, workers comp, prepaid expenses, notes receivable, and various other areas/departments
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 5+ years experience in finance or accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Oracle NetSuite experience preferred; implementation experience plus
- Strong Balance Sheet reconciliations experience
- Compensation and Benefit Accounting experience
- Multi site, multi entity experience preferred
- Veterinary industry experience a plus
- Self-starter comfortable working in a thriving, evolving environment; strong interpersonal and communication skills are key
In order to attract the right leader to join our team, we are offering the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary ($120k to $140k+ based on experience)
- Health insurance
- Personal pet care discount
- Vacation and paid holidays
Timing: Immediate start
Contact and Resume Submission: Shelby Moats, COO
About Curo Pet Care:
Curo Pet Care (“Curo”) is a family-owned veterinary company founded in 2015. We are based in San Francisco with operations in California, the Pacific Northwest, and Rocky Mountains. We collaborate with entrepreneurial Doctors, Hospital Administrators and other leaders in the veterinary industry to build and operate best-in-class small animal hospitals. Curo’s goal is to be the go-to partner for hospital owners, empowering them to provide industry-leading service and care to their clients and patients. Our first practice was acquired in July 2016, and our current network consists of over 35 owned practices.
Curo is funded through the family offices of its Founding Partners. We invest 100% equity capital without bank or other debt for acquisitions and operational improvements of portfolio hospitals.
Curo Pet CareSan Francisco, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.