EVP & Chief Medical Executive
Curative Talent Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Curative has partnered with a community-focused, academic healthcare system in Texas to assist with their search for an EVP & Chief Medical Executive. This nationally recognized health system is comprised of three teaching hospitals and an extensive network if ambulatory care centers dedicated to improving the health of those most in need. The Chief Medical Executive will serve as a corporate physician liaison to the medical staff and is a senior administration team member. They will be responsible for leading the organization's strategic journey to be a high reliability organization, with a focus on system utilization, quality and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate must be comfortable operating in a highly matrixed environment and have strong interpersonal relationship skills, as well as experience with and a strong understanding of value-based purchasing. A leader with quality analysis and utilization analytics is required.
The CME's duties include:
- Provides leadership for the clinical affairs area of the hospital system. Works collaboratively with other medical directors, senior staff and directors to ensure development of effective clinical quality programs.
- Selects, trains, motivates, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities, while providing optimal service to both internal and external customers. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
- Participates in staff role meetings with the Board of Managers. Chairs the Sentinel Events Committee, Process Improvement Committee, Utilization Management Committee, Credentials Committee, and serves as ex-officio member of all medical staff committees. Provides a medical staff perspective to administrative committees of hospital.
- Serves as a member of senior management to plan and manage the clinical affairs of the hospital system and assist with medical school leadership interrelationships.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and revises annual goals for the department(s) that support the missions and objectives of Harris Health System.
- Develops and monitors annual budgets that ensure the assigned department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
- Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes and workflows for the department and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and health system.
- Evaluates the clinical operations of the health system and focuses on areas requiring negotiation, intervention, and problem solving with the medical staff.
- Master's Degree - An advanced degree in Business Administration or Healthcare (MBA, MMM, MHA) preferred or must complete within four years of hire date
- Doctor of Medicine with current medical license and DEA registration
- Open to any medical specialty
- Board certification via ABMS preferred
- Ten (10) years post-residency clinical experience
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in medical leadership in an academic environment.
Houston is the largest city in Texas, the fourth-largest city in America, and home to NASA, Fortune 500 companies, the largest medical center in the world, and an unparalleled music and arts scene. A diverse and energetic city, where more than 145 languages are spoken, makes this culinary and cultural capital of the south a celebrated place brimming with opportunity, excitement, and history.
Job ID: JN -042021-24451
Curative finds incredible talent with less hassle using better data. We combine the heart and hard work of experienced recruiters with the intelligent technology of Doximity, the world’s largest professional medical network. The result: the commitment and ability to find people who care.