- Posted: November 15, 2022
This is a part-time position Monday-Friday 9am-2pm. Assist with planning and facilitating activities for individuals with disabilities, completing personal cares, documentation of goal achievement, accompanying individuals on outings and providing excellent customer service. Flexibility, organization, compassion and friendliness are crucial skills for this position.
- Maintains confidentiality of all individuals and does not discuss individuals in public areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to all infection control procedures including proper hand washing techniques, contact with blood spills and standard precautions.
- Communicates clearly and tactfully with individuals and their families, caregivers, case managers, transportation drivers, group homes, etc.
- Maintains harmonious relationship with manager and co-workers, providing support and assistance to co-workers to ensure quality care.
- Demonstrates ability to read, understand and follow individual program plans and accurately documents on individual’s goals.
- Assisting individuals with the planning/facilitating of program activities on/off campus as required.
- Assist individuals in the use of toilet facilities and personal care as needed, including handwashing, providing perineal care, changing adult depends, changing into clean clothes, etc.
- Assist with meal preparation, serving lunches, assisting in setting up and feeding individuals, when required.
- Assist individuals with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable.
- Accurately account for individual’s money during community outings.
- Provide transportation for community outings as required for program needs.
- Provide medication management and assistance as required for program needs.
- Assist in general upkeep of facility such as, but, not limited to: washing and drying laundry, cleaning of cafeteria and program rooms. Maintain program rooms in a neat orderly and clutter free environment. Completes cleaning assignments as directed.
- If program has a vehicle, keep inside/outside of vehicles clean and ensure sufficient gasoline level for next usage.
- Record and report changes in the individual’s physical condition, behavior or appearance to Manager or Program Coordinator.
- Make written reports of significant incidents occurring during program hours.
- Be responsible during program hours to contact appropriate staff in case of an emergency.
- Occasional travel for community outings, meetings and training.
- Attends all trainings and meetings as required.
- Report suspected abuse & neglect to Program Coordinator and Manager immediately (within one hour).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous related experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Ability to multi-task and perform multiple priorities.
- The ability to contribute in a team environment and/or independently, to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Demonstrates attitude of cooperation and professionalism.
- Must be able to solve problems and critically think, sometimes during stressful situations.
- Listens well and effectively communicates in writing and orally.
- Proficient computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook).
- Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Bilingual in Spanish, Hmong, or sign language and/or Certified Nursing License preferred.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- First Aid/CPR Certified within 6 months of hire.
- Medication Management Certified within 6 months of hire.
Curative Care Network
BusinessView all jobs at Curative Care Network
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?