We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate operations professional to join our company as a Trim and Harvest Manager to be responsible for managing the preparation of medical Cannabis products for distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring all harvests, weights and measurements; presentation; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the trimming and processing area.
- Manage inventory of bulk and prepackaged products. Set up appropriate inventory levels, ensure proper quantity of packages/products to meet production requirements.
- Interview and train new associates; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; develop teams and team leads for results and retention.
- Manage schedules of staff.
- Making sure all labeling and recording of inventory data into inventory tracking system is done in compliance with the State regulations.
- Responsible for quality control and maintenance of all packaging equipment.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to maximize productivity levels through efficiencies in human capital, reduction of material waste, and elimination of downtime; continue to develop and improve safety program and best practices
- Produce appropriate weekly and monthly reports to leadership team
- Liaison with logistics, dispensary operations staff
- Take instructions and help out on tasks delegated by the cultivation management team.
- Work in a fast-pace environment where major changes are made quickly
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges.
- Experience in horticulture, botany, chemistry or related field preferred but not required.
- Ability to manage all areas related to harvesting, drying, trimming and curing.
- Ability to manage a team of employees.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of trimming & packaging area.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required; 2-year management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge & comfort with basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems).
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to focus; attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly.
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps.
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity.
- Absolute reliability and honesty.
Curaleaf Equal Employment Employer