Quality Control Technician
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis with a mission to enhance lives by cultivating, sharing and celebrating the power of the plant. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise and reliability, the Company and its brands, including Curaleaf, Select, and Grassroots provide industry-leading service, product selection and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 17 states with 147 dispensaries and employs nearly 5,200 team members. Curaleaf International is the largest vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted in Good. We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities. Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our Mission: To enhance lives by cultivating, sharing, and celebrating the power of the plant.
Our Vision: To be the world's leading cannabis company by consistently delivering superior products and services and driving the global acceptance of cannabis.
- Lead and Inspire.
- Commit to Win.
- ONE Curaleaf.
- Driven to Deliver Excellence.
Curaleaf is hiring a Quality Control Technician for manufacturing processes. In this role, you will be responsible to enforce processing and manufacturing procedures, technology, and business practices documented in State-level SOPs, policies, forms, and batch records. This role will support ongoing operations within the State, working closely with site and regional leaders to continuously improve operations. The Quality Technician will oversee the entire process for edible products and be responsible for compiling and verifying batch records and confirm product quality requirements are met. This role will closely communicate with other Curaleaf teams including, but not limited to: Compliance, Operations, and Cultivation.
The Quality Control Technician will work cross-functionally to plan, organize, and recommend strategies to ensure products are developed successfully and in accordance with all specifications, SOP's, and GMP's. This includes a complete understanding of the operation and maintenance for all equipment and HMI controls critical to manufacturing. Responsible for ensuring finished products meet formulation specifications, safety guidelines, and established quality standards.
- Conduct inspections and audits to monitor and ensure traceability of product movement throughout the facility and to confirm established product quality requirements are achieved across all stages of production.
- Promptly communicate identified discrepancies to site and regional leaders and document accordingly.
- Advise operators of problems and follow up to ensure resolution; troubleshoot equipment issues and resolve efficiently to minimize production downtime.
- Investigate and participate in correction activities as directed.
- Continuously monitor processes to ensure sampling is appropriate to the product; color, flavor, weight, size, and appearance of the finished product meets specifications.
- Oversee QC for changeovers from one product or batch to another; ensure equipment and product continues to meet all specifications.
- Ensure work areas are maintained, organized, and in compliance with sanitary requirements.
- Accurately complete documentation and enter data to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements; responsible for maintaining traceability in seed-to-sale and information management systems.
- Perform duties related to sampling and testing as required by production and staffing needs.
- Provide guidance on placement of operators and others on the production line.
- Possesses knowledge of the sanitation, safety, and requirements for food processing, handling, and storage in manufacturing of cannabis products.
- Maintain HACCP for all products and processes manufactured onsite.
- Lifts containers of in-process, finished, or waste products and transports within the facility as necessary.
- Perform all duties in compliance with safety rules, standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain and enforce strict adherence to established safety and security procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and participate in problem solving activities to drive process improvements.
- Promote a culture of quality and change management.
- Additional duties and responsibilities will be assigned as necessary.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Associates degree in a science field prefered, experience considered in lieu of education credentials
- Requires a minimum of one year of experience as a machine operator in a manufacturing process
- Analytical instrumentation experience preferred
- Technical SOP and data entry skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities is required
- Prior lead experience preferred
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fluent English skills to read/understand written instructions, manuals, and other information; to maintain a variety of written records, and to communicate effectively with and train, employees in a complex process.
- Fundamental arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, division) to calculate weights, fills, etc.
- Computer skills, including keyboarding, standard functions, and data entry.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate controls, disassemble/assemble equipment using a variety of hand tools.
- Mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting and fixing equipment malfunctions, reading/understand gauges/controls/touch screen logic.
- Physical ability to stand/walk for much of work shift and push/pull/lift large containers weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting and fixing equipment malfunctions.
- Stand/walk for most of the work shift
- Perform duties that require constant attention to the manufacturing process
- Occasionally push/pull containers weighing up to 500 pounds and lift containers weighing up to 50 pounds
- Adjust to distractions and interruptions about one-third of the time and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Constant exposure to noise levels loud enough to require employees to wear hearing protection
- Warm temperature levels, fumes, vibration, etc., enough to cause minor discomfort, oily/wet conditions
- Employees to wear protective eyewear, hair nets, uniforms, steel-toed shoes, and gloves
Not all benefits listed above are available to all employees at all locations.
Curaleaf is an equal opportunity employer. Curaleaf recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as requires by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Individuals adversely impacted by the war on drugs are encouraged to apply.
Current Curaleaf employees should use our internal job board to submit an application for current openings: https://app2.greenhouse.io/internal_job_board
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.