Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) is the leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator in the United States. It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust, and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 23 states with 91 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and 30 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the CBD category through its Curaleaf Hemp brand. Curaleaf's expanded geographic dispensary presence now offers access to medical or adult use Cannabis to more than 192 million people, or roughly two-thirds of the United States population.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the work they do and will help support our company vision "To be the world's leading cannabis company by leading the world in cannabis education, accessibility and customer satisfaction with high-quality products backed by science." You will have an opportunity to be recognized for your talent and expertise while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives in support of our Mission "To improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption."
The QA/QC Senior Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and control systems as it relates to quality and assurance and quality control procedures. The Quality team collaborates with Compliance to ensure adherence to regulation with the Medical Marijuana Programs in each state where Curaleaf operates. This position reports to the VP, Quality Assurance. This role could be based in NY or MA.
- Assist building a Quality Management Systems program; implement and oversee sustainment of QMS across multiple sites
- Assist with overseeing QA and QC control guidelines pertaining to business, production, facility, processing, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, storage, and overall practices
- Establish and enforce quality assurance standards and provide technical and regulatory services in growing inputs, packaging and production of medical cannabis
- Support continuous quality improvement of medical cannabis through reinforcement of product quality, creation of specifications, and performance and oversight of various auditing and investigation actions
- Establish and enforce GAP, GMP, and other applicable FDA guidelines and associated Quality Assurance standards
- Support continuous improvement through reinforcement of product quality and safety programs, creation of specifications, and performance and oversight of various auditing and investigation actions
- Ability to review regulations, documents, and reports and develop, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Quality Manuals
- Interact with production and department managers to create a cohesive, well run quality assurance program
- Support QA/QC team with critical/technical review of documents, test results, procedures, and production equipment
- Investigate product non-conformances; conduct material reviews for complaints, and document findings and responses.
- Create responses, corrective and preventive action reports as needed using CAPA system
- Assist with sourcing and vetting approved vendors to reduce and mitigate risks
- Assist with development, review, revision, and management of SOPs and Controlled Forms and Documents
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- BS in a technical discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred)
- 4 to 5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager in a GAP, GMP regulated environment with quality management systems, documentation, testing methods
- Proven track record for building or improving robust quality management systems with a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Proficient understanding of the components of Quality Management Systems
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience establishing and maintaining version-controlled standards, policies, procedures and work flows
- Knowledge of Marijuana Regulations for both medical and adult-use States
- Chemistry and Plant Biology knowledge is an asset
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer