Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States, Curaleaf Holdings, Inc., (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF). It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust, and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 12 states with 52 dispensaries, 14 cultivation sites and 14 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the standalone CBD category.
Responsible for ensuring each Curaleaf member receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment. Assist members with their personal needs, maintain solid product knowledge, facilitate new membership and member renewal processes and always provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards.
- Develop and maintain rapport with our members.
- Ensure members' concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate member requests and/or problems to Director when needed.
- Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to members clearly and effectively.
- Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and process cash.
- Ensure strict controls to protect organization assets at the direction of management.
- Facilitate the new membership and member renewal processes.
- Perform data entry and manage the member database.
- Answer phone calls and forward to the appropriate staff member.
- Book appointments for members for services they request.
- Maintain a current stock of New Patient folders, Educational Materials, Intake Forms, etc.
- Frequently maintain dispensary's cleanliness, i.e. dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and sanitation.
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Perform other related work as required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required.
- Must be 18 years old and pass criminal background check.
- You must have had an active pharmacy technician registration in the State of Connecticut within the past five (5) years and is or was in good standing at the time their registration lapsed
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer