Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 95 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 3,000 team members across the United States. Curaleaf is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol CURA and trades on the OTCQX market under the symbol CURLF. For more information please visit www.curaleaf.com.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the work they do and will help support our company vision "To be the world's leading cannabis company by leading the world in cannabis education, accessibility, and customer satisfaction with high-quality products backed by science." You will have an opportunity to be recognized for your talent and expertise while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives in support of our Mission "To improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption."
Responsible for ensuring each Curaleaf member receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment. Assist members with their personal needs, maintain solid product knowledge, facilitate new membership and member renewal processes and always provide the highest level of customer service. You must have had an active pharmacy technician registration in the State of Connecticut within the past five (5) years and is or was in good standing at the time their registration lapsed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards
- Develop and maintain rapport with our members
- Ensure members' concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate member requests and/or problems to Director when needed
- Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to members clearly and effectively
- Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and process cash
- Ensure strict controls to protect organization assets at the direction of management
- Facilitate the new membership and member renewal processes
- Perform data entry and manage the member database
- Answer phone calls and forward to the appropriate staff member
- Book appointments for members for services they request
- Maintain a current stock of New Patient folders, Educational Materials, Intake Forms, etc.
- Frequently maintain dispensary's cleanliness, i.e. dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and sanitation
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines
- Perform other related work as required
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required
- Must be 18 years old
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
- You must have had an active pharmacy technician registration in the State of Connecticut within the past five (5) years and is or was in good standing at the time their registration lapsed
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer