Cultivation Nursery Supervisor
Curaleaf Webster, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 106 dispensaries, 23 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 4,600 team members across the United States. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Cultivation Nursery Supervisor
- Responsible for streamlining and training all nursery employees on processes and procedures for proper care of the mother room, propagation room, vegetation rooms, related equipment and plants
- Work with Cultivation Manager to ensure all grow rooms are kept on their grow schedules
- Allocate labor to highest priority tasks and provide strong communication to team about changing priorities
- Execute crop planning directives brought by the Cultivation Manager and Supply Chain Teams
- Execute phenohunt directives brought by Cultivation Manger and maintain proper tracking and tracing documentation to aide in the selection of new genetics for the site.
- Monitor climate control alarms and notify Cultivation Manager of any irregularities.
- Manage inventory levels for department including auditing, reporting, and purchase requests
- Complete daily walk throughs of all nursery rooms to ensure plant health, pest scouting, fertigation needs, and climate needs are addressed.
- Effectively communicate with lateral supervisors and Cultivation Manager to address changes in workflow, areas of concern, and sub-department updates
- Hold daily / weekly meetings with Leads and Technicians to review daily tasks and communicate company initiatives to the department.
- Provide weekly updates to the Cultivation Manger about department performance
- Upkeep site level Standard Operating Procedures
- Keep necessary records to track production of mothers, clones, and vegetative plants
- Coordinate with the weekend staff to ensure a smooth transition between weekend and weekday teams.
- Provide strong leadership to address employee concerns and administer disciplinary action if necessary
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team
- Implement good agricultural practices (GAPs) and follow all GMPs and Facility Rules
- Perform any other job-related tasks assigned by management
- Ensure cultivation operation is fully compliant with state regulations and federal and state law.
- Assure that all operations adhere to business and industry license requirements.
- Maintain strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the grow and document production by completing forms, reports, logs and records as required.
Job Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Strong people and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Working knowledge or ability to develop working knowledge of Massachusetts Cannabis Regulation
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with deadlines.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with regulated material in a fast-paced environment
- Work with a high level of independence
- Work with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to pass a criminal background check per state cannabis regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Botany, Agriculture, Ag Business, Environmental Science, Ecology, Soil Science, Horticulture or similar degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in a cannabis or agricultural production environment preferred
- Experience in large-scale propagation or micro-propagation preferred.
- Thorough understanding of cannabis mother, propagation, and vegetative growth needs
- A valid Driver's License and reliable transportation
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and holidays as required.
- Hard worker and team player
- Must understand and follow rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state and company
- Able to follow and adhere to a complex production and harvest schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Show skills in analyzing potential problems with plant health or the product being processed
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Understand current knowledge of growing techniques & industry technologies
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management
- Display accountability, proactive behavior, and strong attention to detail
- Focus on a physical task for a long period of time without losing edge
- Manual dexterity; enough to reach/handle items, work with fingers
- Standing or sitting for extended periods is common
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents
- Allergen warnings -Potential exposure to dust, pollen, and plant pathogens.
- Exposure to cleaning solvents, such as high volumes of isopropyl alcohol.
- All jobs require daily use of provided PPE, such as masks, hair nets, beard covers, respirators, boot covers, scrubs, non-slip shoes, and Tyvek suits as necessary.
- Ability to work in confined spaces •Exposure to loud noises, including but not limited to air compressors, packaging equipment, and alarms.
- Exposure to CO2 manufacturing procedures at OSHA approved CO2 levels
- High stress tolerance, adaptable, ability to work in an ever-changing environment, flexible
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Personal CareView all jobs at Curaleaf