Systems Administrator/ Azure Cloud Administrator
Cupertino Electric, Inc. San Jose, CA
- Expired: July 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Systems Administrator/ Azure Cloud Administrator
Reports To: Director of Enterprise Architecture & Security
The Azure Windows Systems Administrator helps align our corporate technology strategies into tactical Microsoft solutions such as Microsoft Azure and Office 365 that best meets our business needs. This role implements, monitors, and maintains Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Applications, Workloads, Compute, Storage, Network, and Security.
The Azure Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the overall health and success of the operating systems and deployed applications in a large, distributed enterprise environment. Systems Administrators install maintain network hardware and software, analyze problems and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function at a high degree of proficient execution:
As a member of the CEI IT Team this person will be involved in the following activities
- Working with internal infrastructure, including deployment, configuration, and maintenance of the software and hardware components.
- Troubleshooting of the issues reported by customers and internal personnel.
- At least (6) years of experience installing, configuring, and supporting Windows servers OS: 2019/2016/2012.
- At least two (2) years of experience with Azure IaaS, PaaS, networking, storage, and security.
- At least two (2) years of Microsoft 365 and Azure tenant administration/global administration experience.
- Experience working with Azure technologies: Azure Compute, Storage, Networking, Load balancers, Azure Firewalls, NVA’s, Azure policy, Express route, Azure backups, Azure Security center, Azure Apps service, Azure SQL, Azure logic apps, Azure Service bus, Log Analytics, Azure monitor.
- Experience with identity management, role-based access controls, privilege identity management, and an understanding of core security concepts and processes as it relates to securing Cloud technologies.
- Manage and provide technical expertise for all Microsoft 365 applications including Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Dynamics, Azure AD, AD connect, Teams and OneDrive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to work independently, multitask, prioritize workload with respect to importance and deadlines, communicate clearly and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Provide technical support and work closely with other technical teams (Development, Database and Operations)
- Learn and embrace new tools and technologies to increase performance, automation, and scalability.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery techniques and ability to implement them.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Ability to mentor junior administrators.
- Working at L2 level on day-to-day operational issues, requests and project tasks involving various technologies e.g. Azure, Windows server, patching tools, server hardware.
- Manage Azure tenant core fucntionality:
- Suscriptions, Resource Groups, Networks
- Azure AD, SSO
- Install, configure, administrate, manage, and support Azure compute instances, Azure Backup, Azure Storage Monitor, snapshot, Azure Storage, VNet, Load Balancers and RBAC.
- Must have a hands-on experience of system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure, virtual machines, and associated technologies on physical servers.
- Configure and troubleshoot Terminal servers (RDS), Windows Clustering, NLB, DFS, Internal PKI, and Hyper-V. PowerShell cmdlet and scripting.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot Azure storage solutions.
- Understands, documents, and supports the underlying business processes, workflows, data and application platforms that depend on Microsoft services.
- Take ownership of issues, with a sense of urgency, and using sound judgement to resolve within service levels.
- Engage peers in accordance with processes and procedures to create complete solution designs.
- Develop and communicate task level detail for project plans.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Minimum Education –Bachelor’s Degree in a technology major or equivalent in Information Technology, or equivalent, verified industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience with IT Controls such as, ITIL, CSC20, COBIT, NIST
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE or similar)
- Azure Administrator Associate (AZ103)
Cupertino Electric, Inc.
AddressSan Jose, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Cupertino Electric, Inc.