Sr. Systems Engineer
The Sr. Systems Engineer position is a full-time exempt position. A professional who possesses demonstrated experience in systems integration and testing of major prototype or development programs/ systems. Applies government & industry standard engineering processes in test requirements, test planning, and test execution. Ability to provide technical leadership to meet test program requirements with minimal management oversight. Travel to customer and contractor sites for technical and programmatic meetings is required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Apply systems engineering principles and customer requirements to implement a Weapon Open System Architecture (WOSA) on various platforms
- Work with DOD weapon system programs, interfacing with all major subsystems
- Design and create SysML models for Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) DOD weapon program integration efforts
- Requirements definition, specification development and verification, parameter allocations, specification and ICD development, verification planning and objective evidence capture
- Perform verification testing as a member of a team in a customer laboratory
- Document and present analysis results to technical leads, management, and/or customers
- Lead the development and on-time delivery of technical products to our customers
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day-to-day performance of duties
- Support program meetings and technical reviews with internal and external customers
- Support other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred
- 8 to 10 years of engineering experience in the relevant systems/electrical engineering disciplines; experience on DoD programs desired
- Experience with serial data transfer protocols, computer networking protocols, and DOD communication bus standards desired
- Experience performing systems engineering requirements analysis
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) SysML desired
- Experience with C++, Java, Python, or MATLAB desired; embedded sys experience a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic customer-site team environment, representing the company in a professional manner
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and design implementations
- Ability to organize work and deliver on time work products
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stretch and lift up to 10 pounds occasionally
- Niceville, FL
- Active Secret security clearance required
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cummings Aerospace’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Cummings Aerospace IncNiceville, FL
TechnologyView All Cummings Aerospace Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.