Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PROFILE & MISSION:
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals is a growing specialty pharmaceutical company that acquires, develops and commercializes branded, prescription biopharmaceutical products. We are dedicated to providing innovative, high quality products that improve the care for patients.
We grew from our founding to become a member of the Inc 500 fastest growing private companies in America. We followed with an Initial Public Offering and listing on the NASDAQ stock exchange, which has provided us with a strong financial foundation.
Cumberland is based in Nashville, Tennessee which features the largest concentration of health care companies in the United States. We are also working with Vanderbilt University and other academic research centers across the region, to identify research breakthroughs and jointly advance the resulting products towards the marketplace.
Our commercial portfolio includes seven FDA approved brands. Our strategy involves maximizing the potential of our existing brands, while continuing to build a line of differentiated products. We support our products through our national hospital and field sales divisions, as well as our medical science liaison team. As we focus on the U.S., we also have a network of distinguished partners around the world to bring our medicines to patients in their countries.
In addition to our marketed brands, we have a robust pipeline of new product candidates in late stage clinical development that are designed to treat diseases that today have no effective treatment.
Our culture fosters a respectful, ethical and enjoyable workplace aimed at delivering success through the team efforts of our high performance, dedicated organization. Our people are Cumberland’s most valuable assets, and we have a number of programs designed for employee development, recognition and rewards.
To maintain daily, monthly and quarterly transactional details of company and communicate these details to the CFO. Emphasis on general ledger activities.
- Supervise accounting staff and daily accounting activities.
- Daily maintenance of accounting records for SEC, government compliance and management information.
- Periodic research of appropriate GAAP Accounting treatments as required
- Continue to maintain and oversee Company’s strong system of internal controls over financial reporting
- Work closely with CFO on appropriate tax treatments as required.
- Work closely with the Company’s third party billing and collection resources
- Work closely with Company’s supply chain team for appropriate inventory accounting treatments.
- Maintain Company’s general ledger
- Coordinate schedules planning and analyses on a quarterly and annual basis for independent auditors.
- Create financial comparisons/analysis as directed by supervisor.
- Generate monthly statements of operations (by product line)
- Maintain overall responsibility for RFE process.
- Reconcile Company accounts as appropriate
- Accounting, processing, recording and reporting for all Company subsidiaries.
- Responsible for various aspects of the month end, quarter end and year end close as it relates to your areas of responsibilities including journal entries, GL maintenance and reconciliations
- Handle special projects as assigned
a. Inside the Company - Works directly with CFO. Confers with all levels of management and staff
b. Outside the Company - Any individual or group which is necessary to complete the assigned task and has been approved by the supervisor.
c. Others – Liaise with external professional relations including corporation’s accounting firm, local, state and federal tax filing and payment, as authorized by supervisor.
- Must be detail oriented and resourceful.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and PC skills with an emphasis on MS Excel and Microsoft Dynamics-GP.
- Manufacturing and inventory accounting experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Experience: 5+ years relevant experience in healthcare environment preferred, pharmaceutical experience a plus.
Education: BS/BA in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Vacation days
- Personal days
- Sick days
- 13 Paid company holidays
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cumberland Pharmaceuticals