Cumberland Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Director to join our team.
The Maintenance Director is responsible for hiring and directing staff and to provide dependable maintenance services as defined by CommuniCare Health Services standards while helping to generate profit through continually improving operating efficiencies and reducing costs. The incumbent in this position must present a professional image to all customers and take a pro-active approach in maintaining CHS centers by providing supervision, training, and hands-on assistance. This position must maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations including but not limited to Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA), Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and the State Department of Health in maintaining a safe, clean, comfortable, homelike setting for our residents within fiscal objectives. As a member of the Center Management team, this position works closely with the Center Administrator on all activities and networks with individuals at other CHS facilities and the home office for technical input and guidance.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare work schedules.
- Supervise activities of work team to assure that goals are met.
- As part of the center budget process, prepare and administer annual budget for maintenance.
- Conduct environmental rounds.
- Plan, develop, and schedule preventive maintenance for the center.
- Administer contracts for outsourcing of maintenance functions for those activities that cannot be accomplished using internal resources.
- Performs maintenance activities as required.
- Evaluate staffing needs in maintenance department.
- Monitor inventory of supplies to assure that adequate amounts are kept on hand to meet center demands.
- Participate and contribute as a member or leader of various committees, such as safety, hazardous materials, etc.
- Maintain records of equipment and building repairs and expenses to predict the useful life of equipment and building and future expenses to repair and/or replace.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience plus 3 to 5 years related experience
- Prior work experience in a related field plus at least 3 years prior management/supervisory experience
- HVAC / Plumbing / Electrician experience preferred
- Familiarity with State and Local Government Guidelines
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.