CDL Driver Class A
Cumberland Farms Westborough, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $90,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
***Earn Up to $90k /year, Quarterly Safety Bonus, 401K w Company Match, Health & Dental Insurance, PTO, Employee Discounts***
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of grocery products to company operated stores.
The Experienced Class A Driver is responsible for Covering all routes if needed, including local and overnight runs; special deliveries, pickups and other duties related to transportation department. Must also apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skills in maneuvering a tractor-trailer (Day Cab Tractor and Sleeper Tractor) on the road and on store premises when necessary.
1. Cover all routes, including local and overnight runs; pickups and other duties related to transportation department.
2. Assist on off-days when needed.
3. Assist with store openings and special deliveries.
4. Apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skills in maneuvering a tractor-trailer (day cab tractor and sleeper tractor) on the road and on store premises.
5. Apply knowledge of Cumberland Farms stores locations and proper delivery techniques at each location.
6. Apply knowledge of Food Safety and Sanitation during transport and delivery
7. Maintain driver log (manual or AOBRD/ELD) according to DOT regulations.
8. Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
9. Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure to minimize damage during transport.
10. Unload trailer and deliver product into store (ability to multi-task).
11. Document delivery receipt e.g., product temperature and delivery exceptions.
12. Troubleshoot store delivery problems with store personnel.
13. Be Customer Service oriented.
14. Perform other duties, as needed by management.
Working Relationships: Experienced Class A Driver will need to maintain strong working relationships with Store Team Members and Driver Helper (if applicable).
Age Requirements: Must be 21 years of age or older
Minimum Education: High School
Minimum Experience: 6 Months’ experience driving a class A vehicle
Preferred Experience: 5 years’ experience driving a class A vehicle
Driving Requirement: A satisfactory record from the DOT Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse is required per FMCSA 49 CFR Part 382.701 Subpart (a) Pre-employment query required.
Licenses/Certifications: Class A commercial driver’s license
Soft Skills: Ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
Ability to communicate with management, drivers, helpers, and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, and verify quantities of products.
Physical: Position requires use of a 2-wheel dolly, ramp, and must be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs, and frequent lifting/carrying/pulling/pushing of up to 50 lbs.
Travel: Position requires overnight travel
Hours & Conditions: Hours are dependent on route schedule which could be any shift, any day of the week, and may require overnight travel using a sleeper tractor
Other: Candidate must have less than two moving violations in past 3 years.
Cumberland FarmsWhy Work Here?
Cumberland Farms is proud to be certified as a 2018-2019 Great Place to Work!
There are so many exciting things happening at Cumberland Farms today, every one of them designed to make your everyday on-the-go life that much easier.
165 Flanders Road WestboroughWestborough, MA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Cumberland Farms