Sr. Database & Systems Administrator (on-site)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Culturetech Solutions is a people-oriented boutique services company. Long term relationships, consistent performance and sound management practices make us a favorite "go-to" company with our valued clients. We are veteran tech savvy individuals with entrepreneurial spirit and team values. We are collaborators internally and externally whose primary goal is to integrate you into the organizational culture of our top clients. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you and thank you for your interest. Our trusted client seeks a contract IT Specialist!
- Title: Sr. Database & Systems Administrator - Chatsworth
- Duration: Direct Contract to Hire Full-Time
- Location: Chatsworth, CA (onsite)
- Start Date: Immediate
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, PTO/Vacation + More see below
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Sr. Database & Systems Administrator is responsible for all activities associated with the management and operation of database platforms.
- Implementing data models and designs, creating database tables, indexes, and views to support new and existing applications, design and implementing transaction, backup policies and procedures, monitoring database size and system performance, tuning SQL queries, developing prototypes to demonstrate proposed functionality, produce support documentation, and provide production support.
- Install SQL and server software and oversee upgrades and patches, facilitate root cause analysis on database and server issues, manage security of application access to databases, perform benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and maintain technical documentation relating to database and server management.
- Provide key data recommendations and best practice solutions to project teams and governance committees as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations exist with vendors and trade professionals.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or relevant field.
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience as a Senior Database and Systems Administrator.
- Ability to execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while navigating complexity and ambiguity.
- Subject matter expert of Microsoft SQL 2017 and higher, Windows Server 2016 and higher, Active directory, VMware, Nimble storage, Dell Server Hardware, Veeam Backup and Cloud storage.
- Excellent knowledge of analytical and process documentation tools such as Visio and other data visualization tools
- Ability to think outside the box to create unique solutions to specific needs.
- Powerful oral, written and presentation capabilities adapted to communicate clearly and concisely with executive, business, and technical audiences.
- Initiative: Your high level of initiative and personal responsibility will enable you to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in an effective and professional manner.
- Communication: Your effective communication style will be used to transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Teamwork: Your ability to encourage and exchange creative ideas, and to provide practical solutions to problems will be used to promote innovation.
- Judgement: You make sound decisions about business practices, managing risks and ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with internal policies, procedures and legal/regulatory requirements.
Our Team Members enjoy the following rewards and benefits:
- Subsidized Health care including medical, dental and vision
- Flexible spending account
- Company-Paid Life and A&D insurance
- Discounts on loans (must be a member)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time
- 401k Retirement Saving Plan with a 6% safe harbor employer match
- Educational Assistance Program and more!
Our trusted banking client will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance an is an EOE/Drug-free workplace
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Culturetech SolutionsWhy Work Here?
People driven technology solutions.
Culturetech Solutions is a people-oriented boutique information technology services company. Long term relationships, consistent performance and sound management practices make us a favorite "go-to" company with our valued clients. We are veteran tech savvy individuals with entrepreneurial spirit and team values. We are collaborators internally and externally whose primary goal is to integrate you into the organizational culture of our top clients. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you and thank you for your interest.
AddressLos Angeles, CA