The Application Engineer will be responsible for selecting appropriate technologies and equipment/components to develop technically sound and competitive proposals based on customer specifications.
Specific Job Function:
- Work with the sales engineers, customers and other stakeholders in establishing/defining job requirements and bid strategies
- Prepare equipment specifications and determine accurate costs for RFQ’s
- Extract necessary/relevant information from highly technical written specifications and other customer documents with some assistance. This includes process requirements, designs, guarantees, liabilities, regulatory compliance, code compliance and others.
- Perform and interpret RO projections; analyze/size pumps and pipes for flow rates, pressure drops, etc. for water treatment equipment.
- Create PFD’s and P&ID’s as needed (with help from engineering).
- Develop complete process designs and preliminary electrical and mechanical designs for equipment
- Create professional proposal packages for submittal to customers
- Provide pre and post sale technical support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Dealers and Customers. Take on the role of a key technical expert.
- Work with engineering to update design standards and procedures.
- Assist with standard product line management as assigned
- Answer questions and provides support throughout submittal, design and manufacturing.
- All tasks described above may involve moderately complex equipment/processes and project values up to $1M and can be performed with some support.
- Develop tools to streamline and standardize processes, costing, design, etc...
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Chemical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years related experience including processing applications, hydro-mechanical process systems design, preferably with projects up to $1M.
- Technical internships/CO-OP experience if recent graduate. Water treatment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with PFD development including fluid flow controls.
- Strongly prefer experience with systems for process and drinking water treatment, waste water treatment, reverse osmosis processes and membrane filtration systems applications.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies in this position.
Customer Focus Resourcefulness Passion
Planning/Organization Team Player Communication (written & oral)
Integrity Adaptability Accountability