Are you an experienced wine connoisseur?
Here is your chance to show off talents while working with our Event Planner/Chef in pairing wines for select dishes at scheduled events held at the Culinary Vegetable Institute's white tablecloth events.
The Culinary Vegetable Institute (Milan, OH) is a fine dining event facility designed to inspire every person who walks through its doors. Forward thinking chefs from around the globe convene at the Culinary Vegetable Institute to share their knowledge, host culinary events, research new techniques and learn about vegetables from the culinary center’s devoted chefs.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team as a Beverage Coordinator/Wine Steward and will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the wine and beverage program of The Culinary Vegetable Institute.
The job includes evenings and weekends.
The responsibilities will include:
- Purchasing beverages and establishing menu pricing, completing inventory counts for beverages and glassware etc.
- Designing craft beverages and recipes to promote farm products and planning the beverage program to complement the menu of the event
- Set-up of the bar according to the event logistics
- Leading set up and breakdown of service areas, including the bar and potential remote bar
- Help train staff on beverage service such as proper pouring, service techniques and etiquette
- Interacting with customers and guests during events, answering questions and promoting wine and beverage services
- Must have at least two years experience in pairing of wines with various food dishes.
- Positive and welcoming presence
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
For confidential consideration, provide your resume along with your compensation history.
At The Culinary Vegetable Institute, equal talent will always get equal opportunity.
DFWP/Background Checks Required
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Milan, OH