Culinaire Staffing San Mateo, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
San Mateo, CA
The Executive Chef is responsible for monitoring the operations of the kitchen to ensure menu production and execution are of the highest standard. This position is responsible for training and coaching the culinary team on food safety standards, food preparation and assembly, food cost management, and productivity expectations in the kitchen.
- Oversee kitchen management and staff to ensure all kitchen policies and standards are upheld, creating consistent and outstanding food quality.
- Ensure a food-safe and sanitary work environment compliant with all applicable operational standards and health department regulations.
- Maintain full knowledge of all menu items and proper execution of recipes.
- Work in tandem with the General Manager and to achieve outstanding food quality, meet all financial and staffing-related goals and ensure customers receive a high-quality experience.
- Create and promote a positive work environment through actively listening to and supporting staff, communicating goals, continuous teaching, and cultivating positive staff morale.
- Develop and improve kitchen operations for existing and future restaurants.
- Work all kitchen stations with high proficiency, including expediting orders, assembling burgers, running the grill station, salad station, and fry station.
- Coach staff to be flexible with customer requests and job duties – everything is everyone's job.
- Assist with menu development, creation, execution, implementation, and cost control.
- Deliver and maintain high-quality culinary practices from receiving, production, and final delivery to the line, as well as the presentation and quality.
- Regularly communicate any goals, issues, or violations with the General Manager.
- Oversee all staffing and scheduling to ensure proper coverage at all times as well as making sure time is being used efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor that all kitchen employees represent the company and brand with their appearance, verbiage, and uniform.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills
- Time management and prioritization
- Good with customer interaction and complaint handling
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- High attention to detail
- Proactive, not reactive
- Modest and friendly
- Strong ability to create structure in the kitchen
- Food Service Manager Certification.
AddressSan Mateo, CA
FoodView all jobs at Culinaire Staffing