Quality Assurance Assistant Manager
- Expired: September 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Quality Assurance Assistant Manager
Cuisine Solutions, a premium, fully-cooked frozen food manufacturer, has immediate openings for production workers. Production employees follow procedures and recipes to prepare food with the highest quality standards. You'll work in a safe, high-end environment. In fact, one of our facilities was recently named a top food production plant by Food Engineering Magazine.
BENEFITS: Health, Life, Paid Vacations & Holidays, and more! (see full list below)
SUMMARY: Working with a world-class team of Food Scientists including the Father of Sous -Vide, Chief Scientist, Bruno Goussault, the Quality Assurance (QA) Assistant Manager aids in ensuring the production and distribution of products exceed all quality standards while adhering to company and regulatory standards. The QA Assistant Manager also supports the continuous quality improvement program which includes quality control and quality assurance.
SHIFTS: 2nd shift (2:30pm-11pm)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related field
- SQF Practitioner Certificate Preferred
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years' or more managing Quality and Food Safety Operations in a USDA food-manufacturing facility
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all tasks related to Food Quality and Food Safety.
- Assist with food safety and quality audits performed by regulatory agencies (USDA, FDA, Health Department, Virginia Department of Agriculture, Military Veterinary Command) and third party certifying auditing companies, and customers' audits.
- Oversees some or all pre-requisite programs (maintenance, supplier approval, pest control, sanitation, environmental and product testing, allergen programs...)
- Performs general daily Quality Control tasks based on established procedures.
- Monitors food processing procedures by all plant employees to ensure regulatory compliance while producing premium full-cooked sous vide products.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of SOPs for all tasks related to Food Quality and Food Safety.
- Responsible for maintaining the QA programs in compliance with SQF food safety and quality codes, and ensure it is effective through verification and validation.
- Investigate customer complaints and internal non-conformities while working with all operations departments, determine root cause analysis, implement corrective action and follow up on the efficiency of the changes made.
- Identify the need for improvement of current programs and implement the necessary changes while properly communicating with Quality Assurance and Production Management teams.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation& Sick leave
- Paid Holidays
Cuisine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
FoodView all jobs at Cuisine Solutions
Get fresh Food Quality Assurance Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.