Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager - Harrisburg, PA
Cuisine Solutions Harrisburg, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
SUMMARY: Working with a world-class team of Food Scientists including the Father of Sous -Vide, Chief Scientist, Bruno Goussault, the Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) Manager aids in ensuring the production and distribution of products exceed all quality standards while adhering to company and regulatory standards. FSQA Manager also supports the continuous quality improvement program which includes quality control and quality assurance.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related field
- SQF Practitioner Certificate Preferred
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years' or more managing Quality and Food Safety Operations in a USDA food-manufacturing facility
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all tasks related to Food Quality and Food Safety.
- Assist with food safety and quality audits performed by regulatory agencies (USDA, FDA, Health Department, Virginia Department of Agriculture, Military Veterinary Command) and third party certifying auditing companies, and customers' audits.
- Oversees some or all pre-requisite programs (maintenance, supplier approval, pest control, sanitation, environmental and product testing, allergen programs...)
- Performs general daily Quality Control tasks based on established procedures.
- Monitors food processing procedures by all plant employees to ensure regulatory compliance while producing premium full-cooked sous vide products.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of SOPs for all tasks related to Food Quality and Food Safety.
- Responsible for maintaining the QA programs in compliance with SQF food safety and quality codes, and ensure it is effective through verification and validation.
- Investigate customer complaints and internal non-conformities while working with all operations departments, determine root cause analysis, implement corrective action and follow up on the efficiency of the changes made.
- Identify the need for improvement of current programs and implement the necessary changes while properly communicating with Quality Assurance and Production Management teams.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation& Sick leave
- Paid Holidays
Cuisine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Cuisine Solutions