Project Manager - Architecture/Engineering
The Project Manager’s success has a significant impact on the firm’s overall success. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting the client’s expectations and for achieving project profitability. This role is tasked with managing multiple projects and programs using a resource matrix structure to maximize utilization and coordination. The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, communication, monitoring, and control of scope, schedule and budget for all projects in his/her control.
- Create the project management plan inclusive of detailed project requirements, work breakdown structures, resources, roles and responsibilities, quality standards, information exchange and communication plan with clients and team, as well as monitor and maintain project schedule and budget.
- Engage with the client, manage the client’s expectations, and build client relationships.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, consultants, and other supporting disciplines to develop budgets for each project.
- Manage deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget/meeting business needs.
- Provide project/program data and financial performance feedback to CFO, Principal, and project team.
- Utilize a change management system that documents out-of-scope work and addresses and supports additional services.
- Negotiate key issues with architects, engineers, and officials of other organizations and firms in collaboration with Principals.
- Provide daily team management and oversight; Mentor team members with less experience.
- Handle all aspects of invoicing including monthly billing projections.
- Execute continuing analyses for process improvement.
- Participate in and contribute to performance reviews where applicable.
- Develop knowledge of Convenience, Grocery, Industrial, Multi-family, Restaurant, Retail, and Senior Living project types
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills is a must.
- Must possess a can-do attitude, confidence, enthusiasm, open mindedness, adaptability, dedication, ownership of work, and personal integrity.
- Demonstrate exceptional ability to communicate, ability of motivation, ability to influence and political sensitivity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Proficiency in project management software
As a Project Manager, you must possess superb communication, budgeting, and client management skills. Additional requirements for this position include:
- BS or BA degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) or more years of experience in Project Management
Company Perks (unless all other job postings say “CP”)
- Competitive Benefit Packages for family (and pets too!)
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Casual “uncorporate” working environment.
- Employee Entertainment Benefits Discount Program
- License renewals 100% paid by company.
- Professional membership renewals 100% paid by company.
- Continuing education lunch-n-learns, and industry convention attendance encouraged!
- Relocation available
- Hybrid work available.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Company sponsored charity events.
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, able to handle stressful situations and multi-tasking, able to work under time constraints, long hours may be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Overtime (40+ hours) may be required as needed.
Must be able to handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and working within reasonable time constraints to meet production schedules and budgets. Will work in normal office environment and may also be required to work outside of a normal office from time-to-time.
The above criteria has been developed to establish guidelines for this position, but note that these are only guidelines, and a person’s ability, talent, effort, personality, and other aspects of the profession shall become a deciding factor for each position.
Promotions are dependent on effort, attitude, ability, need, and schooling and should not be considered automatic.
Cuhaci & Peterson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cuhaci & Peterson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Additionally, this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship between the employee and Cuhaci & Peterson Architects, Engineers & planners, Inc.Requirements:
2600 Maitland Center PkwyMaitland, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.