Senior Process Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
The Senior Process Engineer will have a large impact in developing Cuberg’s next generation cell by working in many cross functional roles. Responsibilities include pilot manufacturing process management, material evaluation and characterization for manufacturability, and equipment improvement/modification, while ensuring a safe and cost-effective work environment.
Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, have prior pilot production engineering experience, take pride in the quality of their work, and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
Join us in building the future of energy.
- Provide day-to-day hands-on process and equipment support to manufacture prototype products and transition new products and processes into manufacturing
- Act as the cell assembly subject matter expert in material/cell R&D projects by understanding material parameters that interact with automated cell assembly processes and providing engineered solutions for prototyping
- Apply formal problem-solving techniques to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative action (CAPA) plans
- Plan and execute hands-on technical work using statistical techniques including Design of Experiments (DoE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Identify and address opportunities to continuously improve our products and processes; and assess for regulatory, quality, ergonomic, safety, environmental, and cost impact
- Collect and manipulate data from material/sub-assembly suppliers and internal processes to determine significant correlations and trends affecting product quality and performance
- Write procedures and provide training and coaching to other manufacturing associates
- Evaluate new process machinery from external vendors and bring in-house through qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 4-6 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment post-graduation
- Proven history of documenting and communicating work effectively
- Demonstrated ability to:
1. Apply engineering fundamentals and statistical tools to development, optimization, and troubleshooting activities;
2. Prioritize, plan, and drive multiple projects concurrently from development to completion against agreed upon timelines and deliverables;
3. Work independently and collaborate effectively as part of a team, including influencing across functions;
4. Identify critical issues and failure modes, creating a framework of action to address these issues and assess root cause including effective risk-based decision making;
5. Leverage critical thinking to navigate technical and project uncertainties
The San Fransisco / Bay Area base salary range for this full-time position is $127,000 - $158,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- 3+ years of direct hands-on experience in a hardware or materials manufacturing environment as a Process Engineer
- Experience doing detailed design and hands-on fabrication of custom electro-mechanical equipment components
- Experience developing or transitioning new processes from R&D to pilot production
- Experience working within a formal manufacturing quality system with change controls
We offer a competitive compensation, including generous stock options, and benefits package to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave
AddressSan Leandro, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cuberg
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?