Job Title: EXACTAMIX Upgrade Technician
Positions will be remote, and they will receive Baxter cell phone and laptops.
Summary: This section focuses on the main purpose of the job in one to four sentences.
Customer focused technician responsible for remotely upgrading EXACTAMIX 2400 and 1200 compounders across the U.S. and Canada via a hardware swap per approved procedures. Requires the ability to work effectively on independent projects, as well as in cooperation with a variety of pharmacy and IT professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
1) Manage and execute remote EXACTAMIX upgrades across all assigned Customers, activities include:
• Coordinate project logistics with multi-disciplinary teams including Pharmacy, IT, internal and external management, and other key stakeholders.
• Deliver instruction via WebEx/telephone.
• Works directly with the customer to set appropriate expectations for a successful project and positive customer experience.
• Instruct customer through physical swap of the EXACTAMIX display including adjusting settings, backup and restore of database, etc.
• Work with customer IT to get display communicating on network
• Troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate issues and risks which may arise during the upgrade process.
• Provide ongoing project communications across both Baxter & customer using the appropriate project management tools and company systems of record.
2) Support project stakeholders to make certain project goals are met.
3) Ensure highest quality upgrades are made via adherence all procedures to provide a consistent customer experience.
• Completes validation of the device per established procedures.
• Documents activities in accordance to policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Must have excellent computer skills with a good working knowledge of MS Operating Systems and the MS Office Suite of Applications
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and rely heavily on critical thinking skills.
• A general understanding of networking and computer software is required
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good project management and organization skills
• Must have excellent customer service skills
• Up to 20% travel may be required
Education and/or Experience: Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
• Associates degree required with 5 years relevant experience required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
• IT background required.
• Pharmacy Tech Certification or background preferred
• 2 - 4 years experience in a related field required.