Contract 5 Months
Temp to hire
Summary: This position receives, locates and issues raw materials as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). It is also responsible for locating, moving, pulling, packing and loading of frozen products.
Scheduled: 7:30AM to 4pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• All warehouse related equipment operation (i.e. box lifter, truck, reefer, bailer, etc.)
• Ability to interpret procedures
• Problem solving abilities
• Computer knowledge
• Truck driving (i.e. fork lift, walkie rider, straight truck and tractor trailer on site)
• Unload trucks, receiving, locating, picking, releasing, P.O. inquiry, packing slip processing, and delivery of production and MRO items
• Maintenance and repair of some warehouse equipment
• Perform monthly inventory cycle counts as requested by scheduling
• Misc. facility requests (i.e. moving furniture or equipment, delivering copy paper, etc.) and light building maintenance (i.e. painting)
• Locate, transport and build finished good loads for shipment. Included in this is the dropping of batches for retentions and moving from unreleased to released inventory
• Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
• Mandatory overtime required
Work Environment: Work in frozen environment (-25oC) up to five hours per day, remainder of time temperature fluctuates between 40oF and 105oF
Copy and paste into the QUALIFICATIONS section of the BaxTalent requisition:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Ability to work independently
• Requires the use of and troubleshooting of the label and directional insert dispensing equipment
• Good communication skills
• Good documentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills
• Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent, experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment preferred.
Language Skills: Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP’s, SPEC’s, Job-specific training materials, GMP’s, and other manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. This includes the responsibility for dis positioning periods of product. Independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include prioritizing work, releasing of product and evaluation of the appropriate person to ask for assistance when determination of defective product is being evaluated. Resources used to resolve problems may include technicians, supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP’s and manuals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license and valid license to operate forklifts. Be willing to obtain Class C license.
• Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
• Visual acuity 20/40 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required.
• Frequent lifting up to 70 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds or greater
• Constant bending, twisting, reaching and grasping
• Frequent kneeling, squatting and wrist turning
• Occasional crawling, climbing and pinching
• Needs to hear at least 25 Db in 500, 1000
This would be for approximately 6 mos, but could potentially be a temp to perm option, should the needs of the group require.