Principal Engineer - Manufacturing Validation focused
Time Keeping: Kronos
Displays standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input. Plans, schedules and leads project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, procedures and criteria with minimal guidance. This project will be upgrading the plant's IV / medication bags fabrication machines.
1) With minimal guidance, schedules and leads a team through the planning and execution of a smaller project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups.
2) Devices new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
3) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
4) Supervises/coordinates an engineer and/or technicians on assigned work.
1) Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
2) Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
3) Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
4) Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
Education / Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Engineer (discipline: Mechanical or Electrical)
5-8 years related experience in upgrading machines within a regulated environment.
Project Management / Leadership experience needed.
Physical Requirements (Large manufacturing site)
· Requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling up to 15 pounds and reaching with hands and arms.
· Lifting and carrying on average up to 15 pounds frequently throughout the shift.
· Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
Have the ability to complete quick and precise repetitive processes using both arms and both hands
· Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
· Must be able to squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance