Developer - C/MPI Programming with Networking - GC Holder/ US Citizens only
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to join the Extreme Storage Architecture and Development division within our DPG. In this role, you will contribute to develop and test Intel's Exascale storage stack based on the open source Distributed Asynchronous Object Storage (DAOS) software. The end-to-end I/O stack must be optimized to prevent a storage bottleneck as throughput and IOPS requirements increase substantially, and demand will only increase in the coming years as our ability to collect data is ever-increasing.
Responsibilities and Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Independently diagnose, design, and implement solutions to complex technical challenges.
• Understanding features from existing documentation and reading C source code.
The Data Platforms Group (DPG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
• 5 plus years of experience as a software engineer.
• 5 plus years of experience and proficiency in C programming.
• 5 plus years of experience with software debugging.
• 5 plus years of experience with Linux.
• 3 plus years of experience with network programming and understanding of RPCs, MPI.
• Experience with scale testing over high performance, low latency, networks
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Architectural knowledge of scalable distributed system architectures.
• Experience with I/O and distributed storage systems/filesystems, such as Lustre or Ceph.
• Experience and good understanding of file system fundamentals, including POSIX conformance.
• Experience with open source development tools and techniques.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.