We are looking for a very outgoing person to work in our construction company to find land to buy that is not currently on the market for sale. This job is somewhat a sales job.
- Research and determine properties that are suitable acquisitions for residential development or investment potential.
- Maintain a tracking log, land search map and database using ACT software for potential building sites.
- Keep accurate land files, spreadsheets and data bases to track all active, future and potential land acquisition and investment opportunities.
- Acquire research for potential site acquisition opportunities, including, but not limited to: ownership, legal records, zoning, traffic information, permitting regulations, and comparable sales.
- Work and collaborates with land owners, real estate brokers and developers, as well as city and county officials to obtain information about a potential or existing site.
- Establish relationships with regional planning offices, development departments and communities who can provide the Company with leads on new land opportunities.
- Canvas, cold call, and make first contact with property owners.
- Conduct negotiations with owners for best possible terms/conditions.
- Prepare LOI’s and initial correspondence to property owners.
- Physically visiting potential building sites, making evaluations, and proforma analysis of how the land opportunity “fits” with our business plan.
- Prepare packages for potential sites, including plats, aerials, and property summaries.
- Routinely perform sale analyses of comparable transactions in surrounding areas to determine market lot prices as well as finished product pricing.
- Utilize computer software including tax records, GIS maps, Google Earth, and other sources to research potential land acquisition opportunities.
- Performing other projects as required including administrative and office duties.
- Must have some understanding of real estate
- This job will require some data base management
- Cold calling and some office administration experience preferred
- Quite a bit of time will be spent out marketing and networking
- The pay is based on your level of experience and performance
- This position is base ($36,000-$38,400) + commission. On target earnings for first year depends completely upon your work ethic and performance. This position has the potential to make six figures in the first year.
We can offer health insurance options for you, performance bonuses, and a salary. All of this is negotiable.
Our office is in Redmond but do most of our purchasing in Bend