Senior Network Engineer
- Posted: 22 days ago
Since 2005, Crystal Management provides information technology (IT) infrastructure, systems integration, cybersecurity, facility design and transition, and professional services to customers in the defense, civilian federal agencies, homeland security, intelligence, and commercial sectors. We understand the mission demands innovative approaches, technology, and people. With talented professionals deployed worldwide, Crystal Management delivers IT enterprise solutions, systems engineering, and management consulting services for the largest transformation and restationing programs in defense history. Crystal Management is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business.
The Senior Network Engineer is trusted to review and evaluate information technology (IT) infrastructure and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards in support of supporting JSP ETM-NG.
Due to the nature of work this role entails, telecommuting is not allowed and will require the
employee to report full-time onsite.
- Designs, plans, and builds communications networks.
- Configures routers and switches, firewalls for LAN and WAN systems, and VPN
concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols.
- Coordinates LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements.
- Monitors the network utilizing industry-leading technologies.
- Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process.'
- Plans implementation of enhancements.
- Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult
- Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches,
firewalls, remote access systems, and networks.
- Maintains network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and
maintains system backup and recovery capability.
- Coordinates the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as
- Creates plans and configures systems for data communication networks.
- Evaluates new communications technologies to enhance the capabilities of the network.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Designs and builds the hardware and software components for computer or
- Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- A DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant certification (e.g., CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP)
- One of the following Networking Certifications: Brocade, Cisco (CCNA/CCNP), Juniper (JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP), or Aruba is required. Aruba Certification (ACSA and/or ACSP) is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Network Administration
- Must have hands-on experience/knowledge of Aruba networking systems
- Ability to work shift work schedule
- Willing to report onsite as indicated above
- Aruba Certification (ACSA and/or ACSP, depending on role)
- Active Secret security clearance
COVID-19 Safety Protocols: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, employees in certain positions may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or subject to facility entry safety protocols (e.g., testing, masking, physical distancing), subject to the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Crystal Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?