Since 2005, Crystal Management provides information technology (IT) infrastructure, systems integration, cybersecurity, facility design and transition, and professional services to customers in the defense, civilian federal agencies, homeland security, intelligence, and commercial sectors. We understand the mission demands innovative approaches, technology and people. With talented professionals deployed worldwide, Crystal Management delivers IT enterprise solutions, systems engineering, and management consulting services for the largest transformation and restationing programs in defense history. Crystal Management is a service disabled veteran owned small business.
Cable Plant Specialist
Crystal Management has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Cable Plant Specialist supporting a DHS customer's wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains. You will be trusted for the installation and documentation of new and/or updated Inside Plant cable infrastructure to include conduit, cable trays, copper, coax, fiber and all associated elements in accordance with scope of work statements. This role necessarily deals with highly confidential and sensitive information, and the role is expected to confirm to best handling practices.
The Cable Plant Specialist will work independently with limited supervision and manage projects/processes. The position will coach and review the work of lower level professionals. Influences others regarding system design, solutions and procedures when faced with difficult and complex problems. The Cable Plant Specialist will be actively involved with other technical staff through explanation of facts, policies and practices. Solves difficult and complex problems. Communicates and influences project/team leaders within and outside of the job function at project/program regarding solution design, processes and/or approaches. The Cable Plant Specialist will work cooperatively, collaboratively and transparently with all associated organizations to support Network.
- Analyze, administer, and maintain telecommunications and network cabling infrastructure.
- Follow cable plant commercial best practice procedures, standards required for installation of cable racks, wiring of the racks and testing required during installation.
- Responsible for tasks assigned by Coordinators in connection with service orders and repair activities related to Category 6 cabling, Voice over IP networks VOIP, and fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components, to include work with power tools and ladders
- Install, maintain and repair voice and data communications systems
- Interpret service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics
- Test, locate, install, and repair cabling infrastructure associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance
- Verify work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information
- Verify service by testing installed cabling; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Document network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
- Maintain network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Identify, track and remove abandoned cable, and keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components including CAT6 and fiber optic cabling.
- Handle ad-hoc incoming inquiries and problems to ensure the construction programs continue schedule
- Creation of project scope and equipment requirements assist with request for proposals, and capital requests.
- Understand the mechanisms used to operate and maintain one of the world's most complex networks.
- Evolve agency's vision by delivering a rigorous approach to IT modernization and transformations across the program
- Assists with network designs, floor designs, analyses, tests and implementation of state-of-the-art secure network devices.
- Plans and implements tech refreshes, upgrades and new equipment installs
- Manage project for decommissioning, equipment retirement and obsolescence
- Interface with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Networking, Data Center Engineering, PMs, Data Center Management, security, etc.) to obtain their requirements and drive vendors to adhere to these key elements.
- Interface with data center providers to drive equipment and circuit installations.
- Understand the technical requirements of our engineering teams and ensure the completed project meets these requirements.
- Create detailed network planning packs to build scalable and future proof infrastructure.
- Understand fiber deployment types and insure that diversity requirements that are required are met.
- Inform management in a clear, concise, and timely manner of any customer or network related issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Must be familiar with BICSI rules, regulations, and standards.
- 5-7 years of related telecommunications experience.
- Computer literate with basic Networking Skills
- High-paced and attention to detail a must.
- In-depth knowledge of TDM networks
- Well versed in the use of network cabling test equipment including network testers, copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs and fiber power meters.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively to personnel of various expertise levels.
- Solid Customer Support Skills in a high visibility environment.
- Problem analysis and problem solving. Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven experience with Agile, sprints and DevOps concepts
- Experience working with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, sprints and written deliverables
- Using scrum development methodology with JIRA.
- Writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Collaborating with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Developing IT Solutions in collaboration with engineering teams.
- Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment and decision-making skills
- Proven communicator and leader. Must be able to work well in an environment facilitating a large group of government and other contractor personnel to achieve a common goal
- Understanding the motivations and interests of stakeholders and tailor discussions and presentations accordingly
- Discovering, understanding, documenting, and communicating both quantitative and qualitative value and costs of alternative solutions.
- Producing cross-functional process flows with tools such as PowerPoint or Visio Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- The environment is highly dynamic. Flexibility is expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high-level of operational effectiveness along with sprint work items and deliverables due the end of each sprint.
- Detail oriented
- Team Player This role is part of a much larger team
- Relevant DHS focused experience
- CCNA/CCNP certifications preferred
- Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE, SolarWinds, Infoblox, Equinix, Riverbed, New Relic and Splunk experience preferred
- An active Entrance on Duty (EOD) is required to begin employment and must be maintained as a requirement of continued employment.
- Ability to work with power tools, ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
Crystal Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.