Big Data Platform Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Since 2005, Crystal Management provides information technology (IT) infrastructure, systems integration, cybersecurity, facility design and transition, and professional services to customers in the defense, civilian federal agencies, homeland security, intelligence, and commercial sectors. We understand the mission demands innovative approaches, technology, and people. With talented professionals deployed worldwide, Crystal Management delivers IT enterprise solutions, systems engineering, and management consulting services for the largest transformation and restationing programs in defense history. Crystal Management is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business.
Join our team that supports the government Program Execution Office (PEO) Robot Process Automation (RPA) Program. Our team provides foundational support working in conjunction with Federal RPA Program Analysts, SMEs, Data Scientists, and Developers to maintain, establish, and integrate Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Intelligent Automation (IA), and Business Solutions capabilities.
Currently seeking an experienced DISA Big Data Platform Administrator to join our team to provide unparalleled support to our Federal Government customers. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Big Data Platform offers a cloud-based set of solutions that enables the collection of large amounts of data from across the DOD Information Networks (DODIN) and provides the analytics and visualization tools to make sense of the data. The set of solutions is available on both the Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet). Big Data Platform is a DISA-developed open-source solution that supports the data ingest, correlation, and visualization infrastructure.
- Administer and monitor the enterprise-wide scalable Big Data Platform in the AWS Cloud environment
- Install and configure Big Data Platform on Windows and Linux servers with a Hadoop backbone.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues related to the operating system(s), infrastructure, platform, network components, and software, as they arise
- Perform routine systems administration, monitoring, and maintenance (e.g., version upgrades, patching, account management, routine troubleshooting) on AWS-based instances
- Document and propose improvements to business processes workflows
- Attend regular and ad hoc client meetings to coordinate/monitor customer satisfaction and overall program performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant certification (i.e., CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP) required
- 8 years of progressive Systems Administrator experience
- DoD Big Data Platform system administration experience (under DISA, Army, Air Force, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with customers and internal cross-functional teams
- Excellent technical documentation and reporting skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- 3+ years of Amazon Web Services cloud technologies
- DoD Secret clearance is required
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, employees in certain positions may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements
Crystal Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
TechnologyView all jobs at Crystal Management