Reporting to the President of Cryo Associates, the Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day management of the field operations and ensure that multiple construction and service contracts are successfully completed on time and meet the highest quality standards. The Operations Manager directly supervises a team of service technicians and manages the project pipeline.
Ideal candidates will have proven project management experience and the ability to communicate with people on all levels with technical expertise. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to be proactive and solutions-oriented in a results-driven organization. Maintaining continuing education and technical certifications is required.
· Participate in pre-construction planning meetings to develop a solid understanding of the requirements and manage project schedule and budget
· Perform in-depth reviews of drawings and contract documents
· Coordinate ordering of project materials and equipment, as well as maintain parts inventory
· Maintain project status reports and schedules, delegating tasks to team members, and following up on task completion and quality assurance
· Review daily project emails and prepare timely response for subcontractors, vendors, customers and field staff to ensure project milestones are being met
· Supervise field operations ensuring that the work is being done in accordance with the project strategy and construction documents, and that subcontractor performance and quality of work will meet organizational standards and customer satisfaction
· Perform thorough job site inspection; monitor construction progress and quality control, and ensure compliance to both Cryo and OSHA safety standards
· Ensure rigorous and well-documented processes exist to meet company wide quality and safety standards
· Source and qualify new suppliers to ensure quality and reduce cost
· Other duties and responsibilities be assigned at any time or change without notice
· Minimum of 5 - 8 years of supervisory construction or technical project management experience
· Engineering background is helpful (electrical or mechanical).
· Ability to read and interpret building blue prints and specifications
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and train staff and to lead a crew
· Proven experience in project management, cost control and safety procedures
· Must be a team player and have strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Proficiency with project management tools and software
· OSHA 30 Hour Certification
· Some travel required
· Driver’s license appropriate to local requirements and a safe driving record.