AV Project Manager
Crunchy Logistics Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Crunchy Logistics is a privately owned technology firm focused on developing and supporting business critical and entertainment driven technology systems for the global marketplace. Crunchy's products and services address a major disconnect between the uninspired conventional information technology systems and leading edge technological advancements driven by the entertainment and military industries. The company's strategy is to focus on the deployment and support of highly secure commercial, medical and industrial control systems, global content distribution networks and natural user interface advancements.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The role of the Audio / Video Project Manager is to commission new systems by coordinating all activities associated with project execution, including but not limited to:
- submittals, engineering, fabrication and installation, programming, commissioning, testing and
This is full time weekly Monday - Friday position. This position requires travel and potential weekend work.
Project Management Requirements:
- Responsible for supervision of all personnel and activities on project site.
- Obtain and read all contract documents including, but not limited to: bid drawings and specifications, contract, project workbook, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction schedule.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to: contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials, personnel, and scope of work.
- Facilitate internal project kick-off meeting that includes key participants from sales, engineering, fabrication and installation.
- Create and manage the project schedule.
- Function as the focal point for internal and external project communication and documentation.
- Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades as required.
- Provide regular reports of job progress to all stakeholders.
- Assist with or facilitate the ordering of materials upon approval of submittal documents or verification from engineering for design-build projects.
- Schedule personnel for installation.
- Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor expenditures of engineering, fabrication and installation personnel over the course of the project and communicate (upward) any issues that impact profitability.
- Source and solicit quotes from qualified subcontractors as required.
- Generate and/or respond to construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change order documents, room readiness letters, delay or compression notification of theft or damage to materials, tools or vehicles, safety or injury reports, warranty information, material hand off or inventory, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents or other documentation as assigned or required.
- Proactively manage the change order process.
- Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors.
- Test, or certify the performance of, installed systems.
- Coordinate and/or provide training to client.
- Coordinate turn-over of project to service department at the end of each project.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Maintain time management to specific jobs.
- Installation experience required (could require installation at times)
- Rack Building Experience required
- Experience with the following equipment installations:
- Microphones, Sound speakers, Amplifiers, Electric & non electric video projection screens, Projectors, Video monitors, Recording equipment
- Running, terminating, testing & connecting wires and cables
- Sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as concerts, sports events, meetings, conventions & presentations
- Control Systems, i.e. Crestron
- Digital Signal Processing, i.e. Peavey Media Matrix, BSS Soundweb, Rane
- Video Distribution, i.e. HD over IP, AV over Cat5, HDBase
Experience in Audio Video hardware, software, network troubleshooting, basic to intermediate operating system functionality or equivalent training and/or education is necessary. Operating systems include: Windows, OS X, iOS & Android. This position also requires basic to intermediate functionality or equivalent training and/or education in Control Systems and Digital Signal Processing including but not limited to: Crestron Control Systems, Peavey Media Matrix, BSS London & Rane Digital Signal Processing.
CAPM, PMP preferred but not required.
CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) preferred but not required.
3- 5 years AV industry experience.
Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there may be no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. The technician may be on their own in solving problems and determining satisfactory solutions. Ability to work independently and in a team setting is imperative.\
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
- Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- High energy level.
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lifting and/or carrying of 15-100 lbs. or more.
Travel is often required to fulfill remote on-site location work. Travel can extend up to 10-14 days.