Software Engineer (Containers & Kubernetes Team)
- Posted: over a month ago
Software Engineer (Container & Kubernetes team)
Postgres is the database of choice for developers and enterprises alike. Yet, despite the power and flexibility Postgres itself brings to the table for storing and managing data of all shapes and sizes, there is even more that can be done with this best-in-class database technology! Here at Crunchy Data, we are committed to delivering the Postgres solutions, technologies and experiences needed to enable our customers and end-users to truly unlock the full potential of Postgres, and successfully achieve their database goals and objectives.
With many years supporting Postgres in Fortune 100 enterprise environments, Crunchy Data is a leader in providing production-grade technologies that enable the deployment of Postgres databases across a wide variety of different operating environments. This includes supporting the deployment of production Postgres workloads in Kubernetes and Kubernetes-based environments (e.g. OpenShift), providing both the solutions and expertise needed to leverage the very latest containers and container orchestration technologies for seamlessly and securely managing Postgres databases.
And with Crunchy Postgres for Kubernetes, we’re building the next generation, cloud-native Postgres experiences needed to fully support organizations and end users in their journey to migrate and/or implement their stateful workloads within a Kubernetes environment.
- Want to participate in the design and development of cutting-edge open-source containers, Kubernetes and Postgres technologies?
- Want to support organizations in the successful execution of their strategies for the management of stateful workloads in Kubernetes?
- Want to enable organizations and end-users to host their own database-as-a-service using the very latest containers and Kubernetes technologies?
Software Engineer (Container & Kubernetes Team)
Crunchy Data is looking for a software engineer to join the Crunchy Containers and Kubernetes Team. In this role you will be responsible for the development of Crunchy Data’s Postgres technology for Containers and Kubernetes, which includes (but is not limited to) the Crunchy Container Suite and the Crunchy Postgres Operator for Kubernetes (PGO). Additionally, as a member of the Crunchy Containers and Kubernetes Team, you will participate in all facets of the software development lifecycle, which not only includes initial design, development, verification/validation and implementation of various containers and Kubernetes solutions, but also participating in the full sustainment and maintenance of these solutions through their applicable end of life dates.
What You Will Do
- Contribute bug fixes and enhancements to the Crunchy Postgres Operator for Kubernetes, Crunchy Postgres Container Suite and various other Crunchy Data containers technologies and solutions
- Design and develop the orchestration and automation of production-grade Postgres databases and cluster using Kubernetes and/or other applicable containers orchestration technologies, platforms and/or solutions
- Participate in the active maintenance and support of Crunchy Data containers and Kubernetes technologies, products and solutions
- Work closely with sales engineers and professional services to address questions and/or provide solutions related to Crunchy Postgres container technologies
- Participate in sprint and release planning, while also participating in various sprint activities and events (e.g. daily standup meetings, backlog refinement, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives)
- Execute complex release workflows and strategies, while also designing, implementing and maintaining robust continuous integration (CI) pipelines and test-automation solutions
By the 30 day mark, you’ll be…
- Working closely with various teammates to understand the full software development lifecycle as applicable to the various technologies developed and maintained by the Containers and Kubernetes Team
- Participating in Quality Assurance (QA) processes, such code reviews and the formal verification and validation of Crunchy Postgres Operator for Kubernetes releases
- Learning from the team about the Crunchy Container Suite and the Crunchy Postgres Operator, including the various concepts, patterns, frameworks, etc. applicable to their design and implementation
By the 60 day mark, you’ll be…
- Actively participating in various sprint events and activities, including sprint planning, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and backlog refinement
- Fully provisioning Kubernetes and/or other containers environments as needed to research and analyze various user stories, support issues and technical questions
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure and test automation suites, while also participating in the full release process
By the 90 day mark, you’ll be...
- Working with various Crunchy stakeholders and end users to resolve complex issues and/or questions related to the various containers and Kubernetes technologies
- Directly participating in both the development and maintenance of the various technologies developed and maintained by the Containers and Kubernetes Team by contributing features, enhancements and bug fixes
- Playing a key role design and architecture of new features, enhancements and technologies for deploying and managing Postgres in Kubernetes
What You Will Bring
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Go/C#/C++/Java/Python/Ruby
- Proficient in Linux, to include installation and daily use as a development environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and a positive attitude
- Desire to learn Go, container runtime technologies (Docker, Podman, etc.), Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant hands-on experience.
The following are considered a plus
- Prior experience with Go programming
- Prior experience managing stateful workloads with Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and/or PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL or other similar database experience
- Experience with standard Kubernetes and/or OpenShift tooling for deploying and managing resources within a Kubernetes cluster (e.g. kubectl, oc, Helm, Kustomize, OLM, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software development processes and/or frameworks (examples include Scrum or Kanban)
- Knowledge of the operator pattern in Kubernetes, as well as knowledge of any associated technologies and/or frameworks for the implementation of an operator within Kubernetes
- Experience designing and implementing test automation and Continuious Integrations solutions in cloud an/dor Kubernetes environments
Who We Are
Crunchy Data provides leading cloud native Postgres technology including Crunchy PostgreSQL for Kubernetes and Crunchy Bridge, a multi-cloud database as a service. PostgreSQL’s active development community, proven architecture, and reputation for reliability, data integrity, and ease of use makes it a prime candidate for enterprises looking for a robust relational database alternative to expensive proprietary database technologies. Learn more at www.crunchydata.com.
Crunchy Data has teams in South Carolina, Virginia, New York and San Francisco, with other team members scattered across the United States (and the globe)! We strongly believe that if you have the talent to join the Crunchy Data team, you can work from anywhere. We take care of our team. In all full-time employment opportunities, Crunchy Data is proud to offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working style – Most positions are 100% remote
- 100% Company Paid Benefits for Employees and their Eligible Dependents, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Dependent Care/Commuter FSA
- Generous PTO policy with an additional 10 paid holidays
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full-time, permanent associates at Crunchy Data in the United States.
Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information of any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
As part of our equal employment opportunity policy, Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc. will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled veterans are introduced into our workforce and considered for employment and promotional opportunities.
Upon request, Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations during the application process, to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other state or local laws. Such requests should be directed to the Director of Human Resources.
Powered by JazzHR
Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc.