Platform Engineer (Crunchy Bridge)
- Posted: over a month ago
Postgres has won hearts and minds of developers as the database of choice…but it still has a ways to go. Crunchy Data is focused on creating amazing experiences so that Postgres remains the database of choice and becomes the database that delights in developer experience. For years, Crunchy Data has supported Postgres in Fortune 100 enterprise environments. With Crunchy Bridge, our multi-cloud database as a service, we are focused on building a database as a service that closes the gap, or builds a bridge if you will, between developers and the need for a DBA.
Crunchy Bridge Platform Engineer
Crunchy Data is looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Crunchy Bridge Platform Engineering Team. In this role you will be responsible for building the platform API layer of the Crunchy Bridge service. Our platform API communicates with our backend control plane, which is responsible for provisioning, maintaining availability, and orchestrating databases. The Platform Team implements well-designed and documented REST APIs (including shipping a programmatically generated OpenAPI spec). The team works to ensure availability of the systems backing the APIs, and works with the consumer of those APIs to build end-user experiences, as well as CLI tooling.
- Want to help build a Postgres experience that delights developers?
- Want to build CLI tooling that helps our customers manage their Postgres clusters?
- Enjoy working with a fast growing service and a team of experts?
- Do you enjoy working with the latest version and features of the Go language?
- Have you worked with the Crystal language before?
What you will do
- Build features in Go for our platform application that includes team management, integration with backend orchestration, and APIs for the frontend UI.
- Identify and build features in Crystal for the Bridge CLI utility.
- Help maintain and build out test coverage for all platform projects.
- Build features around invoicing, billing, and credits for our customers.
- Keep our REST API documented and up-to-date.
What you will haveRequired
- Proficiency in the Go language
- Working knowledge of Postgres
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a positive attitude
- Experience building and maintaining a public API
- Comfortable working with a remote, distributed team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Knowledge and experience with the Ruby language
- Knowledge and experience with the Crystal language
- PostgreSQL or other similar database experience
Who We Are
Crunchy Data provides leading cloud native Postgres technology including Crunchy PostgreSQL for Kubernetes and Crunchy Bridge, a multi-cloud database as a service. PostgreSQL’s active development community, proven architecture, and reputation for reliability, data integrity, and ease of use makes it a prime candidate for enterprises looking for a robust relational database alternative to expensive proprietary database technologies. Learn more at www.crunchydata.com.
Crunchy Data has teams in South Carolina, Virginia, New York and San Francisco, with other team members scattered across the United States (and the globe)! We strongly believe that if you have the talent to join the Crunchy Data team, you can work from anywhere. We take care of our team. In all full-time employment opportunities, Crunchy Data is proud to offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working style – Most positions are 100% remote
- 100% Company Paid Benefits for Employees and their Eligible Dependents, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Dependent Care/Commuter FSA
- Generous PTO policy with an additional 10 paid holidays
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full-time, permanent associates at Crunchy Data in the United States.
Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information of any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
As part of our equal employment opportunity policy, Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc. will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled veterans are introduced into our workforce and considered for employment and promotional opportunities.
Upon request, Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations during the application process, to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other state or local laws. Such requests should be directed to the Director of Human Resources.
Powered by JazzHR
Crunchy Data Solutions, Inc.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?