Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a remote position.
Network Engineer Consultant
Nashville, TN – remote hybrid. 1-2 days/month onsite
Direct Hire – 125-150K + 15% bonus, great benefits and PTO
- Documents, maintains, and communicates client network and network security requirements and architecture.
- Develops forward thinking models that support IT strategy and architecture.
- Develops, recommends, and supports a migration strategy to move from the current technical platforms to the future technical architecture.
- Consults in the design or selection of new systems and technical infrastructure projects.
- Consults on technology topics to third party companies doing business with Client.
- Technical lead for team as it pertains to network and network security.
- Leads and participates in professional services projects, ensuring that projects are clearly defined, systematically executed, fully documented, and business results oriented.
- Architect, design, and implement traditional, software defined, and cloud-based solutions.
- Perform configuration migrations using OEM native tools and self-maintained scripts.
- Share information and best practices with other team members.
- Produce documentation and provide detailed knowledge transfer to customers on Client supported solutions.
- Perform technical hands-on integration of various products mentioned below.
Required Skills / Experience
- 5 years’ experience architecting, designing, and deploying wired and wireless networks and network security solutions, ideally with a special emphasis (hardware and software) on as many as possible of the following vendors:
- Palo Alto
- Experience with unified threat management solutions including firewalls, VPN, IDS, IPS, URL filtering, anti-virus, etc. using physical, virtual, and cloud-based solutions.
- Experience configuring LAN, WAN, wireless solutions by Cisco, Arista, Aruba, Fortinet, etc.
- Ability to plan, install, configure, upgrade, migrate, and support network switches and routers.
- Ability to perform physical implementation tasks (rack, stack, cable, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of LAN, WAN, DMZ and Core Routing.
- Strong knowledge of BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, and policy-based routing.
- Strong knowledge of network access control technologies such as Aruba ClearPass or Cisco ISE.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot GRE and IPSEC tunnels.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work assignments.
- Ability to professionally interact with clients and contractors.
- Core Competencies
- Passion for learning innovative technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical analysis skills
- Flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Effective communication skills both internally and externally
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Desired Skills / Experience
• Experience performing wireless surveys and assessments using tools such as Ekahau.
• Experience with mainstream network and systems monitoring suites such as SolarWinds, etc.
• Experience configuring network load balancers such as F5, etc.
• Experience performing LAN / WAN bandwidth analysis and sizing.
• Experience deploying VMware NSX.
• Experience with scripting/programming languages such as Python.
• Experience producing business relevant presentations and technical oriented writing.
Get fresh Network Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.